(Closed) Would you spend 500 bucks on a cake topper?

posted 6 years ago in Decor
  • poll: Hnnnnnggg
    You buy that cake topper right now. I will now post many reasons to justify spending this amount : (23 votes)
    5 %
    Don't buy it! What the heck it's FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS are you insane?? : (452 votes)
    95 %
  • Post # 47
    9544 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

I love glass art and own several glass statues at home and some probably come close to that cost. That being said, I don’t particularly care for that specific piece. So it would not be worth it to me. But if you love it and would be excited to have it as a piece of art in your home, then I’d go for it. But I would view it as art for your home, not a cake topper. Because that will be the majority of it’s use over its lifetime.

Post # 49
    8419 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

@Brielle:  +1 I was kinda thinking the same thing. Considering she could keep it forever. I mean afterall if you think about things we pay for the wedding and only use it once….like you said with your veil……this would be on display for years to come.

@Chrysoberyl:  

OP I say go for it if you can afford it esp since you will have it on display for years to come. It will be a reminder everytime you look at it of your wedding day…..nothing more special than that!

I do agree with others thou and do your homework before you buy it to see if you can find something close to it for less! I do think its very pretty but maybe you can find a better deal!

Post # 50
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@Rainstorm77:  Haha SO TRUE!!!!!!

Alright then….

*Boy and girl point to each other*

Boy and Girl: (S)HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 51
    614 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@Chrysoberyl:  I love the idea of having two fish on there, but man! Why are they so pricey??

Post # 52
    628 posts
    Busy bee

@Chrysoberyl:  Maybe you could put a picture of the two of you between the 2 glass pieces at the top. Then it’s personalized AND cheaper. I don’t think it looks weird at all – it’s pretty and unique. 

Post # 53
    963 posts
    Busy bee

It’s nice, but even as a decor item in my house, I don’t think it’s worth $500.

Post # 54
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I’d rather spend $500 on a cake topper that I wanted to display as a sculpture than on shoes – which would be seen as perfectly acceptable! 

My worry on that one is that I can’t see any size info… not sure whether it’s 5 inches tall or 15!

I do think there are simliarly nice things out there for less though… 

Post # 55
    7077 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

@Chrysoberyl:  Honestly, I”m not a fan – of either of them. Embarassed It just doesn’t feel very elegant to me, and even for a casual wedding I just don’t like it. I’m assuming you’re having a beach wedding? I”m a beach wedidng photographer, so 99% of all the wedding cakes I photograph are beach theme with some sort of beach topper on them. If you’re open to other suggestions, there are definitely a lot out there. 

Post # 56
    571 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

@Chrysoberyl:  i think its lovely but a bit odd being a solo fish. perhaps you can contact the artist from your original post and ask him to custom make you one in set price? perhaps he can do two fish on a small scale … 

Post # 57
    Hostess
    11165 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@Chrysoberyl:  I would hate for you to spend $150 on a compromise. I will rephrase my original comment to state I wouldn’t spend $500 on a cake topper but I spent waaaaaay too much on a veil and wore it for all of about 45 minutes.

If you really love the cake topper and you feel that in your home you can display it proudly then go for it, really. If it makes no difference on your budget then I see no reason to compromise from what you really love to something that you are okay with buying.

Post # 58
    4426 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

Very pretty, but hell no, not for $500. 

Post # 59
    1582 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

@Chrysoberyl:  That’s a lot of money for something that could easily be knocked off the cake and break. Or that someone could just walk off with. I splurged on a lot of ridiculous things, but I don’t think I would have spent $500 on a cake topper. If you want some nice art for your home, but it, but don’t spend it on a cake topper.

Post # 60
    5224 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Chrysoberyl:  DO IT Smile 

Its beautiful! And it will be a beautiful piece of art you can display in your home that is also a keep sake from your wedding. I think that makes it a worth while investment as opposed to a lot of other wedding stuff that costs a fortune for little return.

Post # 61
    3194 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

hell to the no girl! i paid $50 for ours and i thought THAT was overkill!

The topic ‘Would you spend 500 bucks on a cake topper?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors