(Closed) Would you spend 500 bucks on a cake topper?

posted 7 years ago in Decor
  • poll: Hnnnnnggg

You buy that cake topper right now. I will now post many reasons to justify spending this amount

Don't buy it! What the heck it's FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS are you insane??

• Post # 62
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @Chrysoberyl:  I, personally, much prefer the yellow and black fish one! The heart in the original one made it a little lovey-dovey for an art piece for my taste. So I like this new one better and it’s much cheaper – SCORE!

Post # 63
    3281 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

I am torn on this. Would *I* spend $500 on a cake topper/art piece? No. I hate knickknacks and prefer wall art. But I would absolutely spend $500 on a piece of wall art that I loved, so… thinking about the question as “Would I spend $500 on a piece of decor for my wedding that I loved and would use in my home as an art piece?” then the answer is probably yes.

So yeah. Can you afford? Do you love it? Does your Fiance love it? Then go for it.

Post # 65
    750 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

i understand its art and takes a lot of time, materials, money and hard work….but that’s a lot If you have enough extra money and love it then go for it

Try these other blown glass options:
    Seahorse 

Dolphin

Shell

Post # 66
    1213 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2004

I wouldn’t even consider dropping $500 on a cake topper, sorry.

Post # 67
    1409 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    @Chrysoberyl:  If you can afford it, and you really can’t find anything else you love as much for less, then I say go for it ๐Ÿ™‚

I totally understand wanting a cake topper that doubles as a work of art for your home, because I want to do the same! But the style I want, which is also glass, is more like $250 or less (I want something custom and haven’t gotten a quote yet). And if it makes me happy for a few years, that’s worth it. If it breaks ON the wedding day, and it’s a vendor’s fault, I’ll make them buy me a new one! And after that, well, I’ll put it somewhere children can’t reach or knock over, like a fairly high shelf. 

Post # 69
    327 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

absolutely not. I can’t justify spending that much money on a cake topper. like someone else said it’s going to be a dust collector. im sure you can find something else oceany for less than $500

Post # 72
    329 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

We had a custom topper made (of our pets, we’re so lame, LOL) by a lady I found on Ebay, and it was like $65.  Seriously, $500 is crazy, and I feel like if you have to question it, it’s too much.  If you just said “oh $500 whatever NBD” then it’s not bad, but that’s a BIG splurge.

Also, our original cake topper broke the day of our wedding, someone grabbed it by one of the heads not realizing it was more fragile than it looked, and the head came off and the rest dropped and shattered.  We had the lady make us another (and she only charged us $50, which was super nice of her), but just think if someone didn’t realize how fragile this is and grabbed it by a weak piece and your $500 cake topper breaks…

Post # 74
    2624 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@Chrysoberyl:  Heck No, I wouldn’t pay that for a cake topper.

The topic ‘Would you spend 500 bucks on a cake topper?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors