(Closed) Would you stay in a B&B for a minimoon?

posted 10 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 32
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Lol I’m a little late on this thread, but I wanted to add that I won’t stay in anything besides a bed and breakfast unless there just aren’t any in the area.  All of my experiences with B and Bs have been great, while my experiences with hotels in my price ranges have always been lackluster at best.

Post # 33
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

That is what we did on our minimoon and it was such an awesome experience. We made sure we had a more private room with our own bathroom. We actually looked forward to getting up in the morning and talking with the other guests. We would all say where we went the day before and if it was worth going – it was so much fun! I would love to do this again!!!!

Post # 34
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

B&B’s are too cute, but I’ve never stayed in one. As an alternative to them (and hotels) why not a little house? I swear by airbnb.com, and also vrbo.com. They do list B&B’s on there as well as whole houses. But be careful- some places have a minimum stay of a week.

I do understand the lack of privacy (and thin walls!) issue, which makes me a little wary towards them. 

Post # 35
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I used to love the idea of B&Bs, but now I feel like I agree with Niilist and Neva. Even if you have a private bathroom (and I have been in some where you have to share one which is NOT romantic) I don’t see them as newlywed friendly.  They are great when you are traveling alone, with friends or family and want to converse with new people over breakfast or the chatty proprietors.  You can learn a lot about the area where you are vacationing from the owners, and it is cool to meet all the other travelers. And they do have character, which a lot of hotels don’t (and characters! )My old boyfriend and I stayed in one where we were the only guests, and the owners would not leave us alone-they would come into our room and yak -and for breakfast they had this outrageously huge spread and waited for us to eat it all–we were so self-conscious!  We just got back from our honeymoon in Barcelona and we stayed a lovely small hotel where we could have breakfast if we wanted, and not see anyone else if we chose. The people who worked at the front desk were very helpful with questions and suggestions about where to eat, etc. 

Post # 36
3138 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Savannah, GA

We got married in a B&B and we LOVED staying in one.  Of course, they are all different, so every experience is different. 

Post # 37
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’ve had people tell me B&Bs are awesome EXCEPT for on your honeymoon, where you just want to be alone.  B&Bs that are set up in a house-like setting encourage conversations with other guests and the owners.  That is all fine and good, but I could see how that’s a little awkward when you’re on your honeymoon and everyone knows you’re the newlyweds.  

I LOLed a lot when a friend said “every time I see these romantic Victorian B&Bs, all I can think of is how much those small old rickety beds must squeak and how quiet you’d have to be if you had sex!” 

We went with a timeshare condo for our honeymoon, but I would love to go to a B&B later on!

Post # 38
1817 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Every B&B that I look at has this really strange way too old fashioned look that my SO and I just aren’t into. So it would be a no for me, but I’m still hopeful that we’ll find something quaint and more us!

Post # 39
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Mister and I are gonna try one out for our 5th dating anniversary. We will see how it works out. For our wedding and then our honeymoon we will be renting a large hunting lodge. In the middle of nowhere. We can do it outside if we dang well please!

Post # 40
1043 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Originally I hated the idea of a B&B while FH was all for it.  We’re having our honeymoon in a historical area so now the idea appeals to me a lot more.  The B&B we are looking at looks so cozy and relaxing.  I think it will add to the historical feel of the trip as well.  I’m still a bit paranoid about thinking how thin the walls might be though… 

The topic ‘Would you stay in a B&B for a minimoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors