(Closed) Would you wear a brazilian bikini at a sandals resort?

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: Would you wear a brazilian bikini at a sandals resort?
    Yes : (110 votes)
    56 %
    No : (88 votes)
    44 %
  • Post # 47
    337 posts
    Helper bee

@Meant2Bee:  I think if your intention at a couple’s resort is to wear something revealing so other people’s husband’s look at you so yours can get a “kick out of it” then you shouldn’t

Post # 48
    7439 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

To @Meant2Bee:  Ok I did a quick GOOGLE and found the front of this Bathing Suit (from VS) and it really is quite modest (in the scheme of things)

I travel a lot.  So I can tel you that in reality, this is an “Americanized” version of what is otherwise called a Brazilian Bikini

Your Topic Title truly had me envisioning LESS… a lot less.  Like what the Girls in Rio would wear on the bottom (many go topless) such as this number:

Even this photo I am sharing is pretty tame… for Brazil… the bottom is usually much smaller… just a few “strings” and no real “triangle to the thong” (front or back)

So ya, your version of the Bikini is pretty harmless overall.  I think at an AI Adult Resort like Sandals, where there are many many couples on their Honeymoons you’ll be fine.

(And you’ll be a knock out as you are African American… if you were like myself someone from “The Great White North” and arriving at the resort looking like “Wallpaper Paste” I might have said you might want to rethink this all a bit… black bathing suit on bright white skin can look pretty harsh)

Anyhow, as the other Bees have said…

Hon you are YOUNG, you are Married, you are in LOVE… rock it

Even if you don’t have a flawless air-brushed quality body… rock it

Cause:

(a) In the big scheme of things this is when your body will probably look it’s best ever

(b) It is your Honeymoon, your guy is going to be entranced by you (and only you) any how

(c) You know NONE of these people who are going to share the Resort with you… you’ll probably NEVER see any of them again.  So WHO CARES what they think ?

Hope this helps,

Post # 49
    1123 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I absolutely would! I dress pretty modestly for the most part but when it comes to the beach, I hate tan lines so I will go for as little material as I can while my ass is still high and tight!!! 

Post # 51
    2360 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Hell yeah I would….if I had my body toned up enough. 

Post # 52
    644 posts
    Busy bee

@Meant2Bee Go for it! It’s pretty similar to a regular bikini, and who even cares what other people think anyway!

View original reply
    @BlondeMissMolly:  I think it’s much better to have the confidence to think people will think you’re hot rather than feel insecure about your body. Obviously it would be crass to go around and be obnoxious in person about how great you look, but feelng pleased from within and only expressing it on an annoymous site isn’t so bad!

Post # 53
    7439 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

NOTE – @Misswhowedding:  makes a good point tho.  In many of the Caribbean Islands the beaches are ALL Public.

And well, Jamaican Men have a bit of a “reputation” for being agressive (verbally so, suggestive… in an inappropriate way to women).  Just one more reason that Mr TTR & I won’t be going back to Jamaica anytime soon… too many social issues on that island for us to enjoy a vacation of hard earned dollars there.

I am not 100% sure of the situation at Sandals Ocho Rios… but I know that some of the Resorts have tried to keep “the locals” off the beach front directly in front of the Resorts… so that their Guests can enjoy their vacation in peace.

Naturally you’ll want to bring along a number of bathing suits for your Caribbean Honeymoon… you might want to “test the waters” in another less revealing one at the Beach before you break out this baby.

Otherwise, as someone else suggested you could save it for elsewhere around the Resort or your Honeymoon Suite (more so if you have one with a Private Hot Tub or Plunge Pool)

Hope this helps,

Post # 54
    Hostess
    7941 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@Meant2Bee:  Well you are and they will but so what? I have been known to snicker at a girl or two wearing a g-string but hey that is my problem, not yours right?

If you feel confident and comfortable enough to wear it then by all means go ahead!

Post # 55
    4394 posts
    Honey bee

@cece_intheuk:  I never said anyone should not be confident enough to know they look good. But I do think it’s pushing it to think all the other women are just going to be so threatened and devastated that they don’t look as good and be upset their partner can’t help but stare. I mean, anyone going to a Caribbean resort with their partner is pretty well aware he is going to be seeing women in bikinis. Next. 

Post # 56
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Iif you have the body, rock it! I have that same bottom and I LOVE the way my butt looks in it. Sandals is for couples anyway, isn’t it? Not like some mother is going to have to hide her teenaged son’s eyes or anything.

Post # 57
    5360 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2015

@Meant2Bee:  For some reason I assumed “Brazilian” meant basically a g-string, in which case I would have said no. But this is really not racey at all compared to a LOT of bikinis. I say go for it. 

Post # 58
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@MexiPino:  I agree. I’ve been to Brazil and Europe…this is NOTHING compared to what is considered the norm there.

Post # 59
    519 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

@Meant2Bee:  If I could rock that bikini I definitely would!  Don’t let other people’s insecurities stop you from enjoying yourself.  We all age so why not celebrate our youthful bodies while we can.  And besides, your husband will LOVE it!

The topic ‘Would you wear a brazilian bikini at a sandals resort?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors