Post # 1
Just reading through a few posts and I saw the prices of some of the venues and they are HIGH! I know some of you ladies have a large budget but some of these prices are outrageous. Lol. I am having my outdoor wedding at a park/golf course and it is beautiful. And my total price is $125 and it comes with a large pavilion, two restrooms, grill, and nice tables. I fell really lucky! =) what is your venue and how much does it cost???
Post # 3
My venue is a resort on the lake. It’s not ritzy or anything spectacular. It’s pretty “country-ish”. All together, including food and everything, we are paying our venue $13000. Ugh, seems so ridiculous that we are paying so much, but Fiance and I are saving like crazy, so at least we won’t be going into debt for it.
Post # 4
My venue is the Carnegie Institute of Science located in downtown DC. It was built by Andrew Carnegie in the early 1900s and is a stunning setting. The rental cost for the building starts at $5,000 and goes up depending on a few variables. It’s actually pretty cheap for DC standards.
Post # 5
We’re having ours at the House of Blues, $12,000 food/beverage minimum.
Post # 6
Our total bill was roughly $5,400 (for 65 guests) and it included the following…
- Limited open bar for the entire event (beer, wine, soda, coffee, tea – cash bar was available for liquor)
- Champagne toast
- 2 Butler passed & 2 stationed hor d’ouerves
- Formal sit down dinner with a beef or chicken option
- All linens, dinnerware, tables, chairs, etc.. (basically, we didn’t have to rent anything since it was all provided)
- Chair covers
- Cake cutting
- Set-up of our late night snack station
- Separate ceremony & cocktail hour locations. The ceremony was on the lawn overlooking the lake & our cocktail hour was held in the resorts tavern that is connected to the ballroom.
- Bridal suite for our wedding night
- The use of a separate meeting room for hair and makeup
- On-site coordinator
It was worth every penny!
Post # 7
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
Our venue fee was $2700 for a bed and breakfast. That included use of the entire place (all public areas and suites) for a 24 hour period. It also included the tables and chairs, which were exquisite. It was worth every penny. And as a PP stated, that is cheap for this area (DC Metro).
Post # 8
What in the world! I would love for ours to be 125! Awesome deal!! Ours is about $6000.00 and we are having a small intimate wedding with only 35 guest. It includes the whole nine yard kinda thing. The only thing I paid extra was for the other wedding stuff and perks like upgrade on chair covers, chargers, etc
Post # 9
Our venue fee was $4400. All it included was the location and the tables/chairs. It was actually the lowest I found.
Post # 10
In all fairness, I technically am not paying for my venue at all. I am only paying for the catering, which is $60/head.
Post # 11
My venue is an Elks club right on the ocean in the Greater Boston area. It costs 2K to rent for a sunday (would have been 3.5K for a saturday)
They’re not married to a caterer so I have no food/drink minimums. It includes tables and chivari chairs and a killer view of the ocean.
I’m a good shopper and this is a killer price for Boston. I’m hosting more or less than 120 people.
Post # 12
I know – venue prices are sickening. We are paying $4,100 for the rental of our ceremony/reception location. This is way more than we wanted to pay, but it’s competitive for where we live. The cost includes a day of coordinator (who even so far has been involved much more than the “day of”), chairs, tables, lamps, uplighting, set up, tear down, etc. etc. – AND we could choose our own caterer (and there is no additional “catering fee”), which was really important to us. (And no food/drink minimum.)
We toured places that cost more and include less, so I had to make peace with how much the rental costs. Our venue is gorgeous & just perfect for us, so we are making it work and trying to cut corners in other ways. We will hardly have to decorate because it’s beautiful on its own. (Yes, I sometimes still have to justify the price to myself…)
Post # 13
Our venue basically includes everything, so I thought it was actually an okay price. We’re paying approx $7200 CAD for 100 people (including tax and everything). That includes:
- Family-style, all-you-can-eat traditional Cabane a Sucre meal. (HUGE AMOUNT OF FOOD)
- A “cocktail hour” with spiced apple cider and real hot chocolate and la tire sur la neige (maple taffy)
- Our “wedding pie”
- Use of the venue itself (we’re having our ceremony and reception there) from 4pm to 1am. It’s a rustic sugar shack on Mont Rigaud in Quebec, very pretty!!
- Gratuity for the servers
- It’s already very decorated, so I didn’t need to worry much about additional decorations
- An adorable private cabin for the wedding night
Post # 14
I searched for a place with a VERY cheap venue price; only $1,000! We have to pay for food with will be $30 a head. I don’t know exact numbers yet, but we are guessing 50 people.
Included in the venue price is 3 hours of night skiing. It will be so much fun!
Post # 15
@DeathByDesign: OMG, that sounds awesome!! What a great price for all of that.
Post # 16
We looked at a place that was $6000 to hire the venue. This did NOT include catering, marquees, catering, chairs, tables etc. It was essentially just $6000 for a backdrop.
Needless to say, we didn’t choose that place…. urgh.