(Closed) Wrong name on the marriage certificate

posted 9 years ago in Names
Post # 3
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Ooo you might. You’ll have to change your name legally through other mediums, so you might be creating extra people out there! Call the license bureau and ask to change the name… see if that works.

Post # 4
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

Yes, hopefully this can be fixed with a phone call or a visit… maybe you won’t have to reapply for the whole thing (and hopefully it’ll be cheap or free).

Post # 5
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I second what MoSnow said. Just because you change your name on the certificate, it doesn’t mean its legally changed.

I’m guessing you want it corrected so that it is easier for you to get it changed. It should be a relatively easy process. I doubt you can do it over the phone because its something that needs to be signed off on, but you can most likely go in there and have them fix it- no reapplication necessary.

The topic ‘Wrong name on the marriage certificate’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors