- 9 years ago
- Wedding: January 2012
I’m officially boggled. By noon today, no less than five people let me know that they won’t be able to make it to my wedding – which is THIS SATURDAY – after all, even though they RSVPed yes.
1. My friend’s boyfriend, who has to work. I’ve only met him twice and really don’t care that he won’t be there. Whatever. My friend will still make it.
2. Another friend’s fiance, who had to fly to Florida to help his grandpa who got very sick very suddenly. It’s a shame, since I haven’t met him yet and was really hoping to, but at least he has a really good reason.
3. A friend who has to work. I’m a little sad, but whatever. I’m closer to his girlfriend anyway, and at least she’ll still be there.
4. My elementary school principal, who has been very close to my family for a long time. Apparently, there’s some issue going on with the lease at the school, and the leasing company is being crazy and say she has to take care of it THIS WEEKEND. I’m really upset about this one, and so is she, since she had already bought plane tickets and such. I’m very disappointed, but, once again, she has a good reason.
5. Another friend’s husband, who has to work. Really, people? Did you just not request off? This one’s sad, but as long as my friend and her son still make it, which they will, I’m good.
When I woke up this morning, I was thinking I was going to have to call the venue to let them know that a family of four had RSVPed yes at the last minute, and I needed to pay them for a few more meals. As it is now, we’ve actually paid for one too MANY people. WTF?