(Closed) WW girls 11/4-11/10

posted 9 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Great idea for a thread! I’m going for my meeting tonight. I think my indescretions over Christmas and my hangover food on Jan. 1 are going to be catching up to me this week πŸ™ I am soooo close to my 5% goal too.

Post # 4
225 posts
Helper bee

I’m feeling….hungry!  Even with only eating good things I am having a hard time not going over my points limit for the day!  What the heck!  And I haven’t eaten a single thing over 4 points, I don’t think!

Boo.  I need to make some 0 point soup and find some more 0 point foods.

I think, though, that I am eating a ton better and less, so hopefully it will stick πŸ™‚

Post # 5
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m back on the WW train as of today. It’s been quite a few months! I skipped breakfast not on purpose but because Fiance and I were lazy and didn’t go food shopping yesterday. Had a Smart Ones for lunch and a Dannon Light and Fit yogurt just now. Not terribly hungry yet but my major problem hour is between 3 and 4 when I desperately crave a snickers bar.

Fiance and I are trying to decide on dinner – what are you ladies doing tonight? We need new recipes I think. Anything quick and easy to recommend?

Post # 6
225 posts
Helper bee

On a side note, does anyone know how I can get one of the physical points trackers if I am only an online member?  I reallly want one πŸ™‚

Post # 7
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Did you guys read that blog post from I *think* Miss French Fries about relishrelish.com? I wouldn’t classify those recipes as quick, but they are usually pretty easy. It’s $21 for 3 months, and it generates shopping lists and gives you all the nutritional info. The dinners I’ve made are usually in the 8 to 10-point range, but you can sub lower-calorie ingredients to make it lower.

Does anyone use eTools? The leader at my meeting is always raving about it, but when I’ve tried it in the past, I’ve found it not very user-friendly. Maybe it’s better now.

Post # 8
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Have you used the Hungry Girl website?  I get a lot of quick and easy ideas from her, plus she almost always includes point totals.  For 0-1 points, I eat Fiber One yogurt or a fiber one bar, sugar free pudding cup, or a VitaTop or Vita Muffin, I love the chocolate chocolate chip.  As to dinner, we’re doing leftover chicken enchilada- used George too cook the chicken, mixed with some spices, ff cheese & sour cream, and some tomato sauce.  If use use La Tortilla, I believe their 50 calorie tortillas are zero points.

Post # 9
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

@ RobinBananas…if you go to the “shop’ section of the WW website, they have the counters available for purchase.  The new 2010 ones are out and are only about $12.

@ lkbphmd…I eat the Fiber One yogurts and Vita Tops for my 1 pt. sugar fix too!  The yogurts are even better than the WW yogurt IMO.  We did enchiladas last night too, but with extra lean ground beef…Fiance won’t eat chicken πŸ™

I’ve used 11.5 of my 24 pts for the day so far.  I need to get a workout in after work too.  I just can’t seem to get myself up a 5 am to do it!

Post # 10
6597 posts
Bee Keeper

Hey Ladies!

Yay for the WW thread!

I have used 22.5 of my 23 points today! And I went spinning – DID YOU KNOW THAT SPINNING FOR 55min IS 7 ACTIVITY POINTS! I couldn’t believe it!!!! What I normally do at the gym (30min eliptical and 60min free weights) is 3 activity points! Guess who will be spinning more often…. ME!!!!!!!!

I may go into my weekly points and have a little snack of pitas and hummus tonight!

@KM – thanks for setting this up – little confused about the date though – isn’t Jan not Nov πŸ˜‰ At first I thought it was an old thread! Hope you did well with your points today!

@Robin – sorry you are hungry it will get easier I PROMISE! I find the first week the hardest especially going to bed hungry. Feel free to use your weekly points. Sometimes if I am really hungry before bed I have a cup of skim milk (2 pts) it helps ease the hunger and it lasts because of the protein. You know that there is an activity tracker tab next to your food tracker tab on the points tracker with the online tools? Or do you want a physical one instead of an online one?

@Polkadot – I love the online tools they are awesome! But I only have the online tools because I am doing online only. I only wish that they did a nutrient breakdown so that I can see where I am lacking.

Post # 11
225 posts
Helper bee

No, I hadn’t found the online tracker, but I did last night, thanks!  I ate a whole grain tortilla yesterday, and the only whole grain tortilla they had listed online was 4 points.  I was CONVINCED it was’t really 4 points!  81 calories, 2g fat, 6g fiber?!  No way.  Sure enough, when I finally found the tracker where you can just type in the stats – 1 point.  Gained 3 points of my night back!

Post # 12
6597 posts
Bee Keeper

@ Robin – you can enter your own foods into the system also.

When you search a food and if you don’t like any of their options in the bottom right hand corner of the screen it says “Create your own food” If you click this it will allow you to enter in your own Pita information and save it so you can use it again and again! You can even star it as a favourite so it will pop up on the main screen at the right under foods.

Hope this helps! 

Post # 13
732 posts
Busy bee

Yayyy. I love all your support! When I did WW the last time (when I really did it) I had a friend with me who made it so much easier, but now all my friends are really skinny and they don’t need to lsoe weight so I am all alone haha.

I’ve been doing pretty ok! I don’t drink all my water, but I’m trying to get it in and I need to start taking my vitamin (I’m terrible at swallowing pills- I should get chewables). I haven’t started exercising yet either, but I will at the end of the week when my roation is over- it’s hard to start exercise in the middle of my work week so I’m thinking I’llbe able to get a good start with my 4 days off coming up- I’m doing the 30 day Shred.. yikes.

I think I already lost a *little* bit! I stepped on the scale this morning and it seems like -1.5lbs whoo. I am going to post EVERY week when I weight in. What days are you guys weighing in? I’m doing Sunday

Post # 14
225 posts
Helper bee

I am also weighing in on Sundays. 

Doing ok, if nothing else this is making me realize how I was eating before.  I always thought I ate pretty healthy, but I can see now that I was only eating moderately healthily and was easily tempted off the healthy wagon (see: month of December!).  I’m trying as hard as I can to stay under the daily points!

What do you all use your flex points for?  One of the reasons I am trying SO HARD to keep it under the daily levels is so I can use all the flex for weekend revelry, which is prominent in my social circles.

Post # 15
3162 posts
Sugar bee

I use my flex points for booze πŸ™‚

Um, I weighed myself this morning for the first time in MONTHS and it was horrifically depressing. Also, my new athletic shoes came in the mail today – if that isn’t a sign, I don’t know what is!

Today so far: Breakfast – Dannon Light and Fit Key Lime yogurt, 2 cups black coffee no sugar

Lunch: Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti, water water and more water

Dinner: tentatively planned for brown rice sushi

Post # 16
6597 posts
Bee Keeper

My weigh in day is Monday’s!

I really like this group – somewhere to feel accountable.

I use my flex points for any extra little snacks during the day or drinking on the weekends, or if I know I am going out to dinner that week I save them up. Depends on what is happening that week.

I have used 7 of my 23 points so far today but have only had breakfast and a snack so I am right on target!

The topic ‘WW girls 11/4-11/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors