(Closed) WWYD? Helping cheat the system & possibly others?

posted 7 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
2889 posts
Sugar bee

What happens if you don’t return them? Did the seller charge you for shipping? What kind of stamps are they? Does the seller have any way of charging you or anything else if you don’t return them. I would not return them. This is clearly illegal and, particuarly if the seller charged me for shipping, I would not ship the stamps back at my cost in order to help him cheat the system. that’s absurd!.

Post # 4
4336 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

weird! :-/

and what slicey said…

Post # 5
1404 posts
Bumble bee

Hmm, I didn’t see any “cancelled” stamps…  Why should I spend my time and money (even though it is pennies) so they can save?  If they try to pull anything with you I would contact ebay and inform them of the illegal behavior.

Post # 6
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Returning the stamps used to ship you something is the weirdest crap I have ever heard in my life. I must not be understanding correctly.

Post # 7
1686 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I would stop in my post office and explain the situation and see what they say. I def. would not send back the stamps and get embroiled in some kind of mail fraud scheme.

Post # 8
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Did they charge you shipping? If so, I say keep the stamps. But the whole situation is super fishy.

Post # 9
877 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Wow…that’s shocking. I wouldn’t send them back!! I might even make a comment on this shady deal in their feedback…

Post # 10
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

That is really strange and I definitely wouldn’t send them back.

Post # 11
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

This makes no sense to me, and is clearly illegal. Don’t send back the stamps, and if the dude says anything, report him to ebay

Post # 12
46380 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I would “accidentally” rip them taking them off the box, then mail them back in pieces.

Post # 13
2027 posts
Buzzing bee

This is really strange, and honestly, I can’t believe the post office would even stamp over a clear sheet. I wouldn’t send them back. 

Post # 14
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Don’t do it!!! This guy cheats the system, then WE ALL PAY when the postage rate goes up! He is STEALING shipping from the USPS and is bullying you to be his accomplice! Ooooh this makes me mad!

Post # 15
2027 posts
Buzzing bee

@KitKatNYC: Yeah, the more I think about it, the more this pisses me off. I’d go to the post office and ask them what they think she should do about it so she can report him. 

Post # 16
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I wouldn’t get involved in the mail fraud here.  Either tell him: 1) Sorry, the way you packaged it there are no canceled stamps and if he gripes tell him it’s mail fraud to reuse, 2) ask the post office to cancel his stamps, and then mail those back to him, or 3) just alert the post office to what he’s doing.

The topic ‘WWYD? Helping cheat the system & possibly others?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors