(Closed) Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?

posted 11 years ago in Shoes
  • poll: Should I buy the shoes?

Yes you only get married once!

You are crazy to pay that!

• Post # 47
    112 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

I would never spend that much and I can’t picture someone else spending that much on shoes that, as others have pointed out, won’t be seen much on  your big day and will likely become uncomfortable a couple hours in.

Could you find someone that makes shoes to do something similar? That way you get the look for a much much better price and you could either have it be an exact replica or make changes so it’s exactly what you love.

Post # 48
    155 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I just don’t they look that good.  Also keep in mind that you might ruin the shoes if you wear it for the wedding because of all the walking and dancing.  My shoes heels got ruin because of walking around in them so much. I was glad I didn’t buy expensive shoes to wear cuz I would have been so sad even if i got a scratch on them.

Post # 49
    1035 posts
    Bumble bee

I agree they aren’t that cute to be spending that much money on In My Humble Opinion.  I would rather put that money to something else like spending money for the Honeymoon.  Although if you feel you really……… have to have them then go for it.  I just can’t justify spending that much on shoes no matter what the occassion.

Post # 50
    719 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I don’t think they’re worth paying more than your dress for!!!

Post # 51
    5166 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

850 can buy a whole new wedding dress.. thats all I can say.

Post # 52
    12265 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Keep us posted!  You gonna do it?  =)

Post # 53
    5323 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

I went through a similar dilemma about a pair of Louboutins I wanted for the wedding. They were a small fortune, but we can afford it, so fine. I went to the store, tried them on, and they were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO uncomfortable! LOL! All I could think was “Thank god!!!”. I ended up wearing a pair of red pumps from Target that I’d had for years and I think cost $25 initially. I got tons of compliments on them and they were super comfy! It worked out perfectly!

How did they fit when you tried them on?

Post # 54
    637 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I would totally put that money towards the honeymoon instead. But that’s just me! 🙂

Post # 56
    239 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

@kahbooom: OMG! I LOVE those ivory and brown shoes with the bow and stitching that you posted!!!! I would go for those!!

My shoes are supposed to come in on Wednesday.  If I’m not crazy about them, I might consider ordering the ones you posted!  Where did you find them?

Post # 57
    154 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Personally, I would be terrified to wear shoes that cost that much! I’d be afraid I would damage them!! But that’s just me… I’m a tomboy of sorts, and FH will probably be stunned that I’m planning to wear dress shoes at all.

Here’s my take on things like this..
    –If you can afford it, that’s a yes.
    –If they fit you great, that’s a yes.
    –If you look at them the first time and fall in love, that’s a yes.
    –If you keep going back to them, just buy the damn things already. 😉

I find that if I keep going back to an item, it’s easiest to just buy it, or completely write it out of my mind. One or the other. Otherwise, you’ll just go nuts trying to decide if you should get it or not. Might be time to start checking eBay or online shops, if the store can’t find your size. You’ll probably pay more, but if they’re your dream shoes, just do it, girl!

Post # 59
    215 posts
    Helper bee

Personally, my rule is: If I say I like something and can afford to buy it, but I still need to debate whether to make the purchase then I don’t buy it. Usually, it’s because I think I can find something better.

Post # 61
    147 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

ok, so after reading your OP, i was going to vote: don’t do it, waaaay too expensive and they are not even that nice (IMO).  but you made a VERY valid point that changed my mind:  people spend WAY more on a dress that they can only wear once! and you can wear these more than once! that is SO logical, you have even convinced me!  LOL.  i am being serious. i usually have to talk myself in large purchases, but if i come up with winning reasons, then i don’t feel bad at all (my Fiance on the hand thinks i am little crazy sometimes).

i mean how can i tell you not to buy those shoes after i just paid $1100 for a dress i am going to wear for 8 hours in my entire life! now THAT is illogical!

The topic ‘Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors