(Closed) Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?

posted 9 years ago in Shoes
  • poll: Should I buy the shoes?
    Yes you only get married once! : (45 votes)
    14 %
    You are crazy to pay that! : (281 votes)
    86 %
  • Post # 62
    12 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2010

I think they are chump change actually.

I love them and you must absolutely do it.

Dont let anyone discourage you, as they just dont understand.

Your fiance is VERY understanding and super stylish isnt he? wow…what a man

I havent seen your dress pics as they wouldnt load, but the shoes are gorgeous. A work of art.

I think if you asked most people on here if they would pay $5MM for a painting they would tell you were “crazy” and “Decadent” even if it was a dali….

$850 is just the price of craftsmanship.

A BMW costs 27-35k, a House 400K, a nice honeymoon US$15K-45K – these shoes a mere US$850.

Adam Smith would remark that you cant fight the market.

Go with your gut.

Post # 63
    112 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Not to be blunt, but that is more than a week of my pay. No way would I do that. I like eating and paying my bills.

Yes, this is weddingbee and we are so excited to get married, but it’s one day. I’m not wanting to hurt your feelings, but it’s a piece of clothing that no one is going to notice unless you point it out to them.

Post # 64
    5920 posts
    Bee Keeper

I actually like the shoes, but I don’t think they are wedding appropriate, and I don’t think it has anything to do with the cost.

I love shoes, and don’t mind splurging on good pairs.  Those look like a great pair of winter shoes, but they seem a little heavy and clunky for summer, let alone a wedding.  I also don’t think they go with your dress at all.

Post # 66
    5920 posts
    Bee Keeper

Hey I am getting married New Years Eve too! Yay date twin!

Post # 68
    5920 posts
    Bee Keeper

@kahboom – Definitely getting there.  It’s crazy how fast time has gone. 

Post # 69
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I’ve considered splurging on my wedding shoes too. I thought it might be a fun tradition to rewear the wedding shoes on each anniversary.

It sounds like you can easily afford these shoes and love the style (hey, I like them too Smile). I hope it all works out for you!

Post # 70
    965 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Wow. That is a LOT of money. I don’t know what your situation is, so I won’t say if you should or shouldn’t, but don’t spend the better part of a paycheck on shoes!

Post # 71
    12 posts
    Newbee

@coffeekitty

I think her situation is as they say in court “comfortable”

I think she should go for it!

The champagne they keep on hand at LV is also a perk!

If you dont go whole hog on your wedding, you will regret it for sure.

If there is one time to splash out (and 850 credits is not even a splash in reality) this is it.

Post # 72
    579 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I’m a shoe whore and will typically side with the shoes.  I like the shoes but not with the dress.  If your looking for a reason to justify having them, and making that reason your wedding, that is one thing, but in my opinion, the dress and the shoes dont match.  If it makes you happy though, who the hell cares?!

Post # 73
    1557 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@Mr.Kahbooom: Am I to assume that you are OP’s fiance? That is what I’m inferring by your Bee name. 

I just wanted to point out a few things to you. 

1. Don’t assume that the people calling these “expensive” are saying so because they don’t recognize quality. 

2. Craftsmanship aside, as someone in the fashion industry I can tell you that you pay so much more for the name than you do for the craft. LV is great quality, but there is a HUGE markup. 

3. $800 is not “chump change” to a lot of us. Even to those who are “comfortable”. Some of us just feel that there is more to life than shoes. 

That being said: While these shoes are not my taste, and I could never justify spending so much on a pair of shoes (even if I could afford it), I feel that if OP truly thinks that they will make her happy, then she should just buy them. It’s her money, after all. 

She is the one who opened this up to discussion. 

Post # 74
    2820 posts
    Sugar bee

So the one thing is you might want to have the dress with you when you try them on.  Maybe that’s weird.  But I got a pair of shoes I just loved and thought would go great with the dress and when I brought them to the fitting I realized definately not.  Usually I’m pretty good with buying pieces seperately and knowing what will look good together, but I just hadn’t been in a big white dress before.

Post # 75
    5262 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

You’re not going to see me trying to talk you out of expensive shoes! I’m the one who, even when I make a good amount of money, will continue to go without a TV, movies, etc just so I can spend a little more on clothes. 

Everyone has different priorities. The people that can’t imagine spending that much on shoes probably WOULD spend it on something else (a car that’s more luxurious than they need, etc), and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

Enjoy your shoes and your wedding day. 🙂 

Post # 76
    2286 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

If you want them and you can afford them and you keep thinking about them, stop thinking and buy them. I hope you get the opportunity!

The topic ‘Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors