(Closed) Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?

posted 11 years ago in Shoes
  • poll: Should I buy the shoes?

Yes you only get married once!

You are crazy to pay that!

• Post # 77
    1510 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2008

Like other bees have said, the shoes don’t really go with your dress. The shoes are very modern- what does the reception dress look like? If they go with that dress a little better I might be on board.

Post # 78
    718 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@tinylittlebird: So true. 

View original reply
    @kahbooom: I think that if you love the shoes and can afford them, then you should get them. We all may have different opinions, but at the end of the day, it’s your wedding. So follow your heart 🙂

Post # 79
    238 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I think the dresses are soft and flowy whilst I’m not really feeling the shoes. But it’s a personal decision. 

Post # 80
    1 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: January 2015

Miu Miu and Prada have chunky heels and sometimes the bows. Valentino is another option – though it’s not chunky in the design. They will be all around the same price range — some additional thoughts for your wedding shoes.

I’d also have to agree, I am a shoe girl and have been for years — now, for some reason, I am hesistant about buying new shoes… but, the ones I do have, they were and are still good investments.

So, as long as you are comfortable with the price, can walk in them and feel darn fabulous – shoes can be an investment for years to come. Laughing

Post # 81
    382 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

buy them!!!  dont let people convince you not to buy something a)you love and b) can afford because it is not their taste or out of their financial ability.  buy the dang shoes girl!  and post pics of them with the dress on the big day.

Post # 82
    138 posts
    Blushing bee

Since you asked for opinions rather than having people automatically agree with you…I will give you mine. I think the shoes are OK but definitely not with your dress. Even if they cost $100 I would feel the same way.  They just aren’t at all the style that looks good with your style of dress.

Post # 83
    239 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

@kahbooom: Go figure! I LOVE Betsy Johnson!

update…my shoes came in and I absolutely love them.  I might have to find another occasion for those Betsy’s though!

Post # 84
    3578 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I REALLY think you will regret spending that much money on a pair of shoes.

Think of it this way:

Option A:A pair of $100 shoes$750 cash

Option B:A pair of $850 shoes

Which would you rather have?

In fact, if you really think you want them, I suggest going to the bank and pulling out $850 cash to buy them. Then see if you really want to part with that much money for shoes. Spending cash makes you think harder about it than swiping a card.

Post # 85
    289 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I love the heels but not for your dress.  They seem like they should be worn with a suit or cardigan.  Just my humble opinion.

Post # 86
    158 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

LOVE the shoes.  And for LV, $850 sounds cheap!  Ha!  Ordinarly, I would say go for it, but I have to agree with some of the other gals that I don’t really think these go with your dress.  Leather/croc pumps aren’t formal enough for your gown.  I think they’d be adorable with a short dress, or a more daytime look though.

Post # 87
    299 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

first off “holy train!!!” the back of your dress is gorgeous.  

second off, while i am a believer in “you only get to do this once”, i personally don’t think that the shoes are cute enough to spend almost a grand on.  I think you can find something that is much cuter and will go much better with your dress for a more reasonable price.

Your dress is so soft and romantic, I feel the shoes would kinda draw away from that.  I could see them more with a business suit, than a wedding dress, especially if you want them in a dark color. IMO Keep looking.   If absolutely nothing else compares, then I guess you have your answer.

Post # 89
    1668 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@kahbooom: awesome! i’m so glad you went ahead and did it! 😀

Post # 90
    718 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I’m happy you got your dream wedding shoes. Thanks for updating us!

Post # 91
    2767 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@kahbooom: enjoy. 🙂 Glad you’re happy with them! Would love to see updated shots. 

The topic ‘Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors