(Closed) Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?

posted 11 years ago in Shoes
  • poll: Should I buy the shoes?

Yes you only get married once!

You are crazy to pay that!

• Post # 92
    551 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

I’m glad you treated yourself 🙂 

Post # 93
    362 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

holy crap….$850 for shoes???  that’s my rent payment! (to try to put it into perspective) i’d rather have a roof over my head for a month than a pair of shoes. they don’t really look that comfortable either….but hey, it’s really up to you..if you can afford it and want it…then get them…IMO tho, i could never justify spending that much on shoes

Post # 94
    1668 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@rlsh86: since she bought them, i’m guessing she doesn’t need to be talked out of them anymore ;] different people have different budgets, and it wasn’t going to break the bank for her to get them (plus, she had FH’s support on the decision).

Still waiting for updated shots, girl! haha

Post # 95
    3949 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

yeah i kinda want to see the final pulled together outfits with those kicks!

Post # 96
    362 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

@elliestan:

oh…nevermind then.  i guess i didn’t read far enough to read she had already bought them.  i hope she’s happy with her shoes then

Post # 97
    65 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

That’s a lot of money for shoes. I understand it’s your special day but you will probably only wear the shoes for a few hours. Not a good investment, even if you can afford it!!

Post # 98
    4460 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

She already bought them. I would love to see an updated shot.

Post # 99
    845 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Yay! You got the shoes! I say if you can afford it, do it (and it looks like you did). Something tells me that if you had your heart set on those, no other shoe would work. Plus, I have a feeling you can wear those for other occasions (weddings/parties/formal events).

Post # 102
    70 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

i just couldn’t do it myself, but if you LOVE them and forsee them being worth it longterm (either you plan on wearing them a lot or you plan on putting them in a shaddowbox frame and using them as glorious girly bedroom wall art)

but i’d only really get them if you can show them off with a short dress. they ARE super pretty and i’m serious about using them as art!)

(:

Post # 103
    70 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

oh no! I just realized that I’m wayyyyyyyyy too late and you already bought them and got married!

well, congratulations and you and they are beautiful! 😀

Post # 104
    123 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Congrats!!! You looked beautiful!!!!

Post # 105
    1668 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

omg that reception dress [AND your wedding dress, of course] is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! i knew you’d get plenty of mileage out of those shoes – so glad you bought them and updated us!

Post # 106
    300 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

Congratulations – I wear my wedding shoes a couple of times a month and love looking down and being reminded of the wonderful day I had them.  Hope they continue to do that for you.

The topic ‘Ya’ll am I really going to spend $850 on a pair of shoes?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors