(Closed) Yay for June!! 06/06/09

posted 9 years ago in June 2009
Post # 3
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Holy Family Catholic Church, reception: National Infantry Museum

We aren’t getting married on 6/6, but it was on the top of my choice list, but the mister said no because it’s the anniversary of d-day…  men….

Post # 4
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Another 6/6/09 bride here!  Things are going well.  We still have a lot to do, but the major stuff is done.  We are doing our food tasting in Jan and then we’ll order invitations so we can put the food choices on it.  And I have my first, or I guess it’s 2nd, dress fitting.  I lost weight and my dress needs to be taken in.  And I still can’t find comfortable wedding shoes!  I have spent probably $1000 buying, trying and returning shoes!  And I think I’ve had 4 hair/makeup trials and have another scheduled in January.  I have been REALLY picky with this…maybe too picky ๐Ÿ™‚

Where are you going for your honeymoon?

Post # 5
208 posts
Helper bee

Hahaha, and the D-day thing.  We didn’t know, but as soon as we started mentioning the date to some of the older guests, they let us know about it!  What can you do.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
1246 posts
Bumble bee

Another 6/6/09 bride here! No idea it was D-Day, but we couldn’t get married on the 13 because my mom said it was bad luck. : P

Post # 7
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2018

June 5th here ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t believe how close it’s getting! <3 

Post # 8
Hostess
18644 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I’m a 6/6/09 bride too!  I have the cake, location, photographer, and invites but not much else.  I’m going to be working massive amounts of time coming up so I lot of the details are going to be put on hold until April!  Definetly nervous about that!

Post # 9
122 posts
Blushing bee

We’re 6/6/09 too! We have the church, reception, band, photog, flowers, hotel blocks, bridesmaids dresses, my dress, veil, shoes, hair piece & Save the Dates just went out before Christmas.  We still need to get transportation, tuxes, and the cake and hair/makeup.

Post # 10
90 posts
Worker bee

woot woot! Another 6/6/09 bride here!  Here’s where I’m at with things:

-booked a photographer
-ordered the dress (its coming in March)
-booked a venue (includes catering) and church
-booked an officiant
-booked florist
-booked hair & makeup person
-booking a DJ this week
-ordered Save the Dates but need to send them out still

Now to things I still need to do:
-pick out bridesmaid dresses
-get shoes/veil/other accessories
-start thinking what to do about invitations
-look into hotel blocks
-food tasting
-lose weight!!!

Ladies, good luck planning!  I’m so glad we’re all the same date!

Post # 11
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I’m not a 6/6 bride but that’s my birthday! ๐Ÿ™‚  haha just wanted to get in on the action.

Congrats ladies! Looks like you’ve all got it together at this point!

Post # 12
1246 posts
Bumble bee

We’ve got the venue, caterer, cake, dj, photographer, dress, bridesmaid’s dresses, save-the-dates out, hotel block booked, and the florist. Right now, we’re in the process of booking wedding day transportation, booking the bridal portrait, finding a hair/makeup person (my first two hair trials were terrible!), and finding invitations. Oh, and we need to find a spot for the rehearsal dinner. Argh!

After being engaged for 17 months, I can’t believe the wedding is only 5 months away!

Post # 13
125 posts
Blushing bee

We realized it was D-day when we set the date. But that’s okay with us. We owe our freedom to that day (and many others, of course). We’ll do a nod to the importance of the day during the grace / blessing.

Post # 14
208 posts
Helper bee

January is quickly becoming a busy wedding month after a few months of quiet. Another hair/makeup trial (had a few disasters), food tasting, pick out invitations, dress shopping for my mom, and my first dress fitting (need to try it on with veil, shoes, etc). 

At some point we need to figure out tuxes, but Fiance has been lazy! 

Post # 15
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

<span class=”postby”>Haha HumarockBride!  June 6th is my birthday too!!! Yay D-Day! One of my friends was planning his wedding for the 6th but they bumped it up to memorial day weekend so now I will have to make my own fun :-p.  

Post # 16
97 posts
Worker bee

I have slacked over the holidays but thankfully I got a fast start so far we have:

-church

-reception space

-flowers

-dj

-photographer

-videographer

-my dress

-bridesmaid dresses

-picked out tuxes

-hair/makeup

-hotel blocks

-transportation

I am calling and confirming the cakes tomorrow.  Does anyone feel like they are not sure what to do next…time feels like it is flying!

The topic ‘Yay for June!! 06/06/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors