(Closed) Yay for June!! 06/06/09

posted 12 years ago in June 2009
Post # 17
135 posts
Blushing bee

Yay for June 6th brides! We knew about the D-Day thing, but went ahead with it anyways. Looks like a lot of you have most of your major planning done and out of the way. I started off going full blast but have definitely slacked off in the last couple of months (the holidays totally kicked my butt). ๐Ÿ™‚

We’ve booked the venue, caterer, photographer, hair/make-up and lighting/sound vendors, bought the groomsmen attire and my dress/shoes. The save-the-dates went out in November and the invitations designs are completed (need to DIY them though). We still need to get FI’s suit, bridesmaid dresses, cake and a florist. The menu tasting is scheduled for next month and we’re very close to signing a contract with the cinematographer.

Yikes, that’s a lot to do in 5 months time!

Post # 18
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

5 months, ladies!!

Post # 19
25 posts
Newbee

Yeah!!! June 6, 2009!!!!

We’re getting married that day ๐Ÿ™‚  and here’s why:

So did my parents!  AND HIS PARENTS!!!

No joke.  

And get this: same year (1981), same city (Toronto, ON–2,500 kms away from where we live now), and they both went to the same park to get their pictures taken only to be BOTH turned away because the park was full of other weddings!!!  They could’ve passed each other by not knowing that their first borns would marry on that day 28 years later!!!!!!!

When the question of "when should we get married" came up and we realized that June 6 falls on a Saturday in 2009 it was set.  In fact we had a date before we were even engaged!

With only a little over 7 months to plan we ran into some difficulties finding a place that wasn’t booked on that specific date.  And no, we weren’t interested in hearing what other dates were available.  It had to be June 6th.  However we finally found the perfect venues and they’re less than 10 minutes away from each of our parents’ houses!

It’s going to be a really casual and low-key event so a short engagement hasn’t been the death of us…. yet!  We have our venues and photographers booked and have almost sealed the deal on a caterer for our BBQ in the park!  Yesterday I bought a dress online that might be the one.

I can’t believe that we’re less than 5 months away!!!!  

Post # 20
81 posts
Worker bee

Wow, Yoyohanna, that’s the COOLEST story ever!  What a great story. 

I’m a 6.6.09 bride too!  I have tons of DIYs I’ve been working on.  Visit my blog and see!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
14 posts
Newbee

Yay 6/6/09!!!

We are pretty far along in our booking vendors process, just need to start picking stuff out now. For those 6/6 brides who haven’t booked transportation, I would do that like NOW. We waited too long and our top choices were already booked (they said the date was very popular).

Oh and my FIs boss gave us a dvd about D-day when he found out our wedding date. Charming.

Post # 22
1245 posts
Bumble bee

Ack! Under the 140 day mark!

Post # 23
25 posts
Newbee

Personally, I like the idea of getting married on D-Day.  Not to diminish the significance of the day’s events but both my Fiance and I are keenly interested in history!  Also, when we told my younger brother (a university history major!) that we were engaged he said, "so I guess you’ll be storming the beaches of matrimony!"

We’re making him swear he’ll repeat that at our wedding.  He’s awesome.

Post # 24
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2021

6.5.09 here!  

is anyone else freaking out a bit that the date is coming so quickly?  i swear, Fiance and i are fighting more now than ever before in our entire relationship.  i think it’s because i am so stressed about budget and he’s 1000 miles away.

yikes. 

Post # 25
35 posts
Newbee

I feel like a total slacker. The only thing I have is my wedding dress, which was purchased 7 months ago. 

๐Ÿ™

Post # 27
199 posts
Blushing bee

ahahah…. we’ve got all the vendors except for…. get this- the officiant.  yes- i know- i need to get on that. 

Post # 28
92 posts
Worker bee

6-6-09 – Yeah-ya!!

I feel like I’ve gotten almost all the big things done – I still need to figure out some decor/linen/chair issues, but that’s about it. However, now it’s all about all the small details – yikes!!

I haven’t thought about D-Day, but maybe we’ll mention it during a toast or something.

Post # 29
208 posts
Helper bee

Yikes – we still have to do invitations!  I was hoping to have them done last week, but never got around to it.  I plan to order them on Sunday! Next week we’re dealing with tuxes.  And then, I have not idea!!

Post # 30
25 posts
Newbee

My dad and my Future Father-In-Law are co-officiating.  So sweet… and free!!!

Be honest with me… how much in trouble am I?  I don’t have my dress yet….

Post # 31
92 posts
Worker bee

@yoyohanna You’re getting close to trouble, but it’s still okay. But you need to get on this ASAP – unless you can find a sample dress off the rack that you won’t have to order….could you set up a time this weekend to go looking??

The topic ‘Yay for June!! 06/06/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors