(Closed) Yay for June!! 06/06/09

posted 12 years ago in June 2009
Post # 32
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

And I JUST ordered my invites – I’m doing my own calligraphy (I must be crazy) on the envelopes so I needed a little more time. I guess we’ll send them out at the beginning of April.

Post # 33
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2021

when are you all planning on sending out invites??
i know what "they" say…but I want to know what you all say.

nearing the 100 day mark… 

Post # 34
199 posts
Blushing bee

Another 6/6/09 Couple Here.  Just booked the last vendor…. officiant!  Yippee!

We’re working with someone on Etsy for on our invites.  Hopefully we’ll have them by 3-March (when I’m back in the US)

We’re planning on sending the UK ones on 6-Mar, and the US ones 6-Apr.  The RSVP is 1-May (yes, early, but I know I’ll be doing a lot of mop up, and I need time).  We’re doing online RSVP (with phone numbers optional)

I’m going back to the US shortly for (2) weeks, and then we’re both going back for a week around Easter (12-Apr this year).  We have a long list of details to do during those trips: menu, decorations, finalizing ceremony, his suit, my shoes, etc, etc, etc.

Post # 35
25 posts
Newbee

YAY!

I put a deposit on a dress on Sunday!  The sample I tried on fit me *amazingly* but they didn’t want to part with it!  (only all-lace sample, just got it in) And they said that there was still time to order me one and it would arrive mid-May.  

MID-MAY.

That’s only three months wait.  Is this realistic?  Don’t most dresses take a lot longer to come in than three months?  ALSO… mid May is three weeks before the wedding!!!  isn’t that cutting it close???  I really wish they could’ve just let me walk out of the store with the sample.  Then I’d have my dress NOW.

I’m honestly losing sleep over it.

How long did it take for your dress to come in?

Post # 36
49 posts
Newbee

Yay! I’m a 6/6 bride too! I’ve got most of the big things (officiant, location, caterer, DJ, photographr) but of course I’m wigging out over the little things and realizing that I don’t have a whole lot of time to procrastinate or lose the weight I want to! Anyone else on a mission to lose a few pounds?

Post # 37
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m a June 6th bride, too!  6/6 was the day that we met so it was too perfect that it ended up being a Saturday!  I can’t believe how fast the date is coming!  We are having a destination wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica — so I have a lot of the big things planned.  Our inviations went out this week!!! 

We’ve taken care of the location, band, menu, bridesmaid dress (i’m only having my sister,which made things a lot easier!), my dress, veil, and flowers.  My fiance has already gotten his suit and both our moms have their dresses! 

The only thing we have left to do are the programs, centerpieces and cake!  Am I missing anything?  I think it just hit me this week that there are soo many little things to remember!

So glad I found this thread and good luck to all the other brides!!!

Post # 39
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2021

happy 100th night (100 nights to go) to all the 6.5.09 brides!

Post # 40
38 posts
Newbee

WHOA!  I picked 6/6/2009 thinking it’d be EASY for my guests to remember – but they keep asking when the date is *sigh*

@yoyohanna – COOL STORY!!!

so far i have

1. venue (ceremony & cake included)
2. photog
3. dress (arriving in april)
4. Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
5. STD’s sent out (jan)
6. makeup/hair

right now i’m STRESSING over

1. invites – when do these need to go out by?  by first week of april?
2. officiant – how do i find one (Long Island, NY) and what questions do i ask him?
3. florist – about to decide on one
4. DJ – about to decide on one
5. honeymoon – looks like ITALY – anyone?!?!
6. accessories – shoes, veil, jewelry

HELP!!!

Post # 41
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I’m not a June bride, but I do have 2 friends getting married that day!  I’m a bridesmaid in my college roommates June 6 wedding in NJ, and (sadly) am missing a college friend’s wedding in Maryland on the same day!!  Best wishes to all of the June brides out there!

Post # 42
25 posts
Newbee

This is it, Ladies!!!!  It’s the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!

100 DAYS!!!!!!!

Post # 44
2434 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I’m yay for 6/6/09, but that’s just because it’s my 30th birthday!

I’m wishing great weather for all of us!

Post # 45
199 posts
Blushing bee

62 days and counting…….

Post # 46
35 posts
Newbee

6/6/09! Thats our day too, in Gloucester, MA.

The topic ‘Yay for June!! 06/06/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors