(Closed) Yay for June!! 06/06/09

posted 12 years ago in June 2009
Post # 47
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

It’ll be here before we know it!  My invitations went out last weekend and we’re already getting replies.  It’s very exciting…and very real!

Post # 48
54 posts
Worker bee

Ok, 6/6/09 brides, I’m also one, when are you sending out your invitations?

I’ve got mine all addressed, sealed and ready to go.   

I’m actually just feeling the "real"ness of it all!  The only thing I’m stressing about now is the rehearsal dinner.  It is falling on me to arrange but the future in laws are paying for it.  My other stress factor is in the number of bags I will be having to keep up with that day.  One for the church.  One for the reception.  Making sure they all get to our car that will be parked at the reception place so that we can leave and go to the hotel to leave for the honeymoon at 7:10am the next morning!

We decided on 6/6/09 because we met on 6/6/07 and my grandparents were married 6/6/36! 

Post # 49
199 posts
Blushing bee

We live in the UK.

The UK invites went out (or were hand delivered) starting 6-March.

The US invites went out yesterday – 2-April. 

Our RSVP deadline is 1-May for my own sanity.  (yes, 5 weeks b/f wedding)

Post # 50
1245 posts
Bumble bee

We just sent ours out! Our rsvp date is also May 1 because we’re just anticipating people not RSVPing and we need time to follow-up before vendor final-count deadlines. It’s also a "destination" wedding for 95% of guests, so we wanted them to have plenty of time to book rooms and flights.

Post # 51
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper

We just sent our invitations out this week and we have already gotten some RSVPs back!  We had a RSVP date of May 1 too.  Almost everyone is out of town so I wanted to give them time to book everything too.

Post # 52
97 posts
Worker bee

Mine are addressed and waiting (on the FI) to be stamped and sealed.  Heading out this week ๐Ÿ™‚  My guest list has grown WAY bigger than we had anticipated and while stuffing them my Fiance found 12 more people he didn’t have on the list!!!! He AND his mother have looked over the list probably 5-6 times!!!!  I had a mini meltdown because that puts our number at like 415!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, breathe. I am hoping for lots of nos.  Sad I know. 

Post # 53
199 posts
Blushing bee

It’ll be okay!

I learned a hard lesson today – don’t leave your mother with blank invites.  I left her with (10) in case we had totally missed someone (like my aunt or something).

I received an RSVP today for someone that I DID NOT INVITE.  Turns out my mother was speaking to her next-door-neightbor- and my mother felt like she "had to give her an invite".  Really?

This one instance is fine, I know them, and I’m happy they’re coming.  I’m just scared for teh other 9+ potential Yes RSVP’s we’ll be getting from unexpected people.

Thanks Mom.

Post # 54
208 posts
Helper bee

2 months, ladies!!

Post # 55
208 posts
Helper bee

It’s getting so close we can just about stalk the weather!!

Post # 56
199 posts
Blushing bee

Exactly!  Especially because we have a sunny vs rainy plan!

Post # 57
208 posts
Helper bee

No sunny or rainy plan, just hopes for some good weather so we can take some pretty pics ๐Ÿ™‚  just under 2 weeks!!!  I hope are all getting excited!!

Post # 59
113 posts
Blushing bee

OMG we are SO CLOSE… I Feel like I am going to have a heart attack every time I look/think about my to-do list!

Post # 60
199 posts
Blushing bee

Well ladies – one week and a day ago we were getting hitched!  How did it all go?

Post # 61
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper

The weather was perfect here.  Everything went without a hitch except the officiant calling my husband my ‘wife’ during our vows!  Now I’m impatiently waiting the professional pictures and enjoying some marital bliss!  Everyone else?

The topic ‘Yay for June!! 06/06/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors