(Closed) Yeast Infection – TMI but need help

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Call the doctor and see if they will just call in something for you.  Otherwise, try something over the counter. 

Post # 4
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

yes, antibiotics can give you a yeast infection.  Treat it before it gets worse.  Not to be Too Much Information but you can get a nasty discharge and that’s really yucky. 

Post # 5
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I had my first last summer as total surprise. At first it freaked me out, but I went to CVS and got the one-day treatment from Monistat (the brand which my mother uses when it happens to her). It might burn a bit while it’s dissolving, but it’s over quickly and worked perfectly for me.

I’m didn’t have any burning while peeing, though. That reminds me more of a UTI, so drink plenty of water. Hope This Helps.

Post # 6
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

yes it could be.  I get one like every time i take an antibiotic.  You can go to a CVS or something and get one of those vagisil screening tests and it will tell you what you have.  if it’s your first one, you might need to see the doc to make sure.

Post # 7
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

If you get one of the over the counter ones like Monistat…make sure you do 3 days or longer…my dr insists that nothing can get cured in 1 day! 

Post # 8
506 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I don’t get them that often, but I definitely prefer using the prescribed pill you can get from your doctor instead of the cream, it’s such a pain to use.  But I do agree with jen24au, you should get the vaginal screening test first and make sure it’s a yeast infection, you can use that info when you call your doctor and ask him/her to prescribe the pill for you.

The topic ‘Yeast Infection – TMI but need help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors