(Closed) Yellow and gray March 2013 wedding…BM dress help!

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Need help with BM dress color
    gray dress w/ yellow sash : (13 votes)
    27 %
    yellow dress w/ gray sash : (4 votes)
    8 %
    plain gray dress (and holding yellow flowers) : (28 votes)
    57 %
    plain yellow dress (and holding yellow and white flowers) : (2 votes)
    4 %
    other (please share your ideas!) : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    162 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

My girls are wearing Amsale dresses.  This color is called “dove” and is gorgeous in person.  I didn’t choose it because my dress has mocha/champagne undertones.  The Amsale dresses come in 18 styles, long and short (I did long, but the short are great too, not too short).  I think it would look very pretty with yellow flowers!

http://www.amsale.com/bridesmaids/chiffon/G733C.shtml

Post # 4
    162 posts
    Blushing bee

Plus the dresses are reasonable!  The short ones are around $250 and the long around $280.

Post # 5
    4046 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I voted gray, because I think it is more universal. Yellow can be a hard color to wear, depending on your skin tone.

Post # 6
    1839 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

250 is a reasonable bridesmaid dress price?

anyhow, i voted for gray & holding yellow flowers.  My Future Sister-In-Law is doing this for her wedding & i think it’ll be pretty

Post # 7
    162 posts
    Blushing bee

@li612:  There’s no need to be snarky.  When I looked at bridesmaid dresses, yes, that was a reasonable price compared to things I saw out there.  A lot of bridesmaid dresses can run $350 and if you look at some designer ones, they can be as much as $500.  It’s all relative and we all have different ideas about what is reasonable I guess, but your comment sounds kind of mean and uncalled for.

Post # 8
    8394 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

We did grey/silvery dresses with yellow flowers, looked great IMO!

Post # 9
    411 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@Ms Flamenco:  hii i had to comment because i am also a march wedding and i have my 3 girls in canary yellow starpless bridesmaids dresses with grey satin shoes both from davids bridal.

im not a fan of colour sashes but you could do yellow dresses with greyish rhinestone belts. 

good luck, would love to see a picture of what you end up doing. 

Post # 10
    1920 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I did yellow and gray. My girls wore yellow dresses and had gray parasols & accessories. I think either way looks great though. Can’t go wrong.

Here is my bridal party as inspiration:

Post # 11
    277 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I love yellow and grey together.  i voted for plain grey dresses with yellow flowers, because I love the look of this:

Post # 12
    870 posts
    Busy bee

Gray is flattering to a wider variety of skin tones.  Personally, I look bad in yellow.  But I think that gray dresses with yellow flowers sounds pretty!

Post # 13
    682 posts
    Busy bee

@chippybee:  No offense, but I thought the exact same thing as li612 when I saw your post calling the dresses reasonable- other people might see that as on the expensive end for a bridesmaid dress. I could not afford it.

nevertheless, gray and yellow are very cute together, I almost went that way but decided on navy instead. I’m sure your girls will look lovely either way!

Post # 14
    162 posts
    Blushing bee

@Ms.Sugarsnap:  If you have to say no offense, there’s a problem.  To me, it’s reasonable, to you, it isn’t.  To my bridesmaids, it was reasonable as well and everyone was happy with the dresses. We all have different budgets and tastes.  It isn’t okay to be snarky and mean for no reason.  No one says that everyone needs to agree on everything, but you can be nice when you disagree.  The OP asked for ideas about dresses and I gave mine because I was trying to be helpful to her.  That other comment was unhelpful and rude.  If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all.

Post # 15
    682 posts
    Busy bee

I was not snarky or mean.  Calm down.  I think snarky is the most overused word on this entire message board.  Anyway, it doesn’t matter.  

Post # 16
    509 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

We were a yellow & gray wedding too, and to mix things up we had 2 girls in yellow and 2 in gray:

We bought ours at http://www.victoriasbridalcouture.com/ and chose styles from Alfred Sung in Dupioni. Colors are Daisy (yellow) and Quarry (gray). The most expensive dress was $130 the rest were between $115-$125 each. 

On an slightly different note, not sure how you’re decorating but I have a ton of yellow and gray round paper lanterns that we used at our reception if you’re interested, PM for deets. (I can send sizes and pics)

The topic ‘Yellow and gray March 2013 wedding…BM dress help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors