(Closed) Yes, waiting sucks, but 2013 IS flying by…

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
4525 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@MrsNewDay:  This is a great, upbeat thread 🙂 Nice choice.

I’m a big fan of the self-improvement tool to pass time. I’ve been painting and drawing like a mad woman recently, as well as keeping up with my spray tan and hair 🙂 I’ve also bought some new books and have been cooking every night.  I think sometimes nagging stems from boredom :-p

Post # 4
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I know i’ts going so quickly!

Seeing as I don’t yet live with my SO, I have been trying to improve my domestic skills – Mainly cooking stuff from scratch without using packets/jars/pre made stuff to cheat.

got a never ending sea of study to get through so focussing on doing that and doing it well. 🙂

Post # 6
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

This is a great message!! My timeline is also 2013. And it is flying by I agree! I just finished school for the semester and I’m working a lot and I’m going to join a gym. Hopefully these things will keep my mind off of the upcoming proposal. Does anyone else constantly think it might happen? Like at random times? I feel suspicious ALL the time. I honestly have NO IDEA how he’s going to surprise me. But I’m excited to see him try!! 🙂

Post # 7
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Jus posted on here the other day about how fast this year was going. 🙂

The past few months have been consumed with work being crazy busy, working on my master’s, overhauling my poor diet, and trying to read 2 books a month. Keeping busy has honestly helped so much during this waiting process.

Happy waiting!

Post # 8
150 posts
Blushing bee

@MrsNewDay:  I think 1 is definitely a must, it’s kind of surprising that you don’t realize he needs the “alone” time to do his work… unless, of course, you and him have decide you’re going hunting for it together 🙂

Post # 9
1145 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsNewDay:  also have been eating better & working out…& paying off debt!

@badabing88:  I am getting back into my crafting because my two friends who are getting married in August have asked me to draw their wedding guest tree!

Post # 10
579 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@MrsNewDay:  Awesome thread 🙂 my timeline is very similar, I was told it will happen before May next year! This May is almost over so I’m excited already. I find solo dates and hanging out with friends is a great way to make time fly. I have also picked up a hobby along the way and time is flying!

Post # 11
114 posts
Blushing bee

Great post. I also agree that this year is FLYING by! Can’t beleive we’re just about mid year already… seems like it was just February to me.

I’m focusing on working really hard at my job, going to start hitting the gym more regularly, and find some great books to read during my downtime this summer. I have a vacation coming up and also a special visitor coming in from out of town which I’m really excited for.

Post # 12
2300 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@MrsNewDay:  it really is going fast! when i’m done school for the summer we’ll be long distance for 4 months because we each got great opportunities we couldn’t pass up on opposite coasts. so staying busy this summer will be really important so i don’t miss him too much!

i’m hoping to read alot – it’s hard to read for pleasure while in university and i miss it. i’m also going to focus on having time with my extended family because once i graduate from university i won’t live in that city anymore – so it’s important that i appreciate this ‘last summer’ of sorts. 

i’ll be at my cottage so lots of opportunities for swimming, kayaking, sailing etc – i can’t wait!

Post # 14
4528 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m so hoping for this year too. I am working on school right now and figuring how I can also have a job and contribute to our income, but it’s kind of out of my control. I just need to finish the application and wait. I’m also working hard to spend less.

Post # 15
4528 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Oh, and I’ll be away for 6 weeks this summer. Hoping he realizes he can’t live without me 😉

Post # 16
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Aww man the year is flying by, can’t believe my birthday is next week T.T it’s only been a month since the anniversary though and it’s the next one of those that I’m really waiting for!

im realising that 2013 probably isn’t going to be my year, and that I read too much into the few discussions I’ve plucked up the courage to initiate. But thats okay, the summer should bring some other nice things my way, boyfriend seems to want to take me fun places when his college year is done 🙂

The topic ‘Yes, waiting sucks, but 2013 IS flying by…’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors