(Closed) YESSSS I finished 125 of the wax seals for my invites!! PICS

posted 9 years ago in Paper
Post # 18
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Those look amazing!! Do you know if that will end up adding extra postage onto your invites, or is it just like adding a sticker or something? I am definitely going to look into doing this, it looks so classy!

Post # 20
7286 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Wow! That is amazing!

So elegant and awesome!!

Post # 22
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@evie19 I used wax seals too!  I started out using a lighter and wax stick and then gave up and bought the melting pot (ordered from letterseals.com). You can melt a whole stick or two at a time and use a plastic or old spoon to carefully drip it on the envelope.  I highly recommend it!

You’re then going to have to take the invites to the post office and ask that they be HAND CANCELLED, so they don’t get thrown into the sorting machine. If one post office refuses to do it, go to another.  I was turned down from one, went to another and got a terrible shipping price, and finally found a post office that would hand cancel and not charge and arm and a leg to ship.  You would think the price and policies would be uniform at all post offices, but they are not!

Post # 24
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Evie19: It really shouldnt be (only 1 out of the 3 that I went to refused to do it), but just wanted to let you know in case you happen to run into that problem.  You don’t want to run the risk of having the sorting machine ruin all your hard work.  Congrats on the seals, they look so beautiful!!  

Post # 26
2947 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Beautiful job!!! They work perfectly for your theme. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 27
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - ceremony in our family's Catholic church in Watsonville; reception at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

So gorgeously rich and luxurious! You have got quite an invite list with 375 to seal, those are some lucky lucky peeps to get one of those in the mail <3

Post # 30
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - ceremony in our family's Catholic church in Watsonville; reception at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

View original reply
@Evie19: You are the cutest! I don’t have pro pics back yet and I have so much to precap leading up to the wedding. But I promise to keep you posted. Now back to those beautiful invites and seals…it must be exciting to tackle this big big wedding milestone ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘YESSSS I finished 125 of the wax seals for my invites!! PICS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors