(Closed) Yikes! Bathing suit shopping.

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
  • poll: Should I buy this bathing suit?
    Heck No! : (10 votes)
    19 %
    Just Do It! : (27 votes)
    52 %
    Keep Looking (please advise) : (15 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 17
    214 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Lands End has some really cute and supportive bathing suits and I think they are starting to put Summer stuff on Super Sale…I got a cute, retro looking bathing suit top with underwire and some boardshorts for Hawaii.  Both were comfortable, stylish, and stayed in place while swimming, snorkeling, paddleboarding, etc.

Post # 20
    93 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @melisslp:  I love all of the ones you just posted! Especially the navy/white, and then probably the black one. super cute!

Post # 22
    32 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Like the poster said above, Lands End has great suits. You can order suits with underwire in up to a DDD. They are a little pricey, but its worth it knowing your girls aren’t saggy all day! I get all of my suits there. Good luck finding one. I know how difficult it is to find a suit!

Post # 23
    520 posts
    Busy bee

I wear a size 14 and am a big fan of board shorts.  I wear a regular tankini suit, but purchase matching board shorts and keep them on.  They dry like the swim suit, but give me more coverage. 

I like all of the suits you posted, with the exception of the navy/white one…..that just looks “old” to me.

Post # 24
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I generally get a size 22 and have the best luck at Lane Bryant with Miracle Suits or shopping at Macy’s and getting a Great Lengths suit becuase I have a long torso. I think you can do better than your first picture.

Post # 25
    2700 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @melisslp: I think the first black and white looks like it would be more supportive in the chest area. I like it.

Post # 26
    1202 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I’ve gotten all of my most loved suits at Target LOL!!  The tankini with the tie behind the neck kind are great. Fashion Bug plus section also has GREAT ones!

And all great prices and you can try them on!

Post # 27
    994 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Lands End ones are pricey but so so so worth it, the fabric is nicer and they are well-constructed. Also, they are on sale right now, at the lowest prices I’ve seen them:

Save an additional 30% on already-reduced styles! Enter Promo Code SAVEMORE and PIN 2297 at checkout.

I love the ruffle-edge tankini with the ruffle skirt.

Post # 29
    1145 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

You need to check out the miracle suits.  The one I have was an Oprah “favorite” and I looooooooooove it.  Those suckers hold everything in nice and secure and they are SUPER flattering.  The two piece tankinis I stay away from because the suits almost have spanx like control and they can push stuff around with two pieces.  But the one piece suits are a dream.  Definitely order your current size or a size up, and they have suits with skirts or, even better if you ask me, they sell swim skirts you can put over your suit as a cover up.  Trust me – I am a size 18 with a belly and these really are supportive and great!  You can sometimes find them at Macy’s or Lord and Taylors or online at cyberswim.  The downside is they are expensive, but they last years and years.  Plus, if you sign up for the mailing list on cyberswim (or like their facebook page) you get notified of special deals.  I’ve been able to get most of mine 50% off either there or through Lane Bryant when they are running specials (they carry a few styles online).  Good luck shopping!

Post # 30
    1202 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
    @blu77: Thanks for posting this!!!

The topic ‘Yikes! Bathing suit shopping.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors