Post # 17
Just back from my best friend’s rather lavish Maui wedding. Her wedding coordinator needed to be killed! She was the worst and didnt even stay for the entire ceremony. She came highly reccomended by 3 hotels, I really dont think destination brides complain much or maybe the hotels have another agenda? All I can say is try to ask an outside source to confirm your choice…like a photographer or florist…anyone who is NOT connected with the person who reccommended the coordinator. Good Luck!
Post # 18
@ju1244 – sorry to hear it! I hope that the wedding was still beautiful despite it? You’re right, it’s a good idea to get a second opinion. I think the best is if you can find someone who actually got married at the same place! And when it come to that, what in the world did brides do before the Internet?? 🙂
Post # 19
My fiance and I have decided on a destination wedding to Cancun in Feb. Does anyone have any suggestions on a possible wedding site? I am a little worried about not seeing the site before the wedding date but I guess people do it all the time. I think we will have around 100 people show up for the event!
Post # 20
Hi Destination Wedding Brides!
I’m so excited that there is a Destination Wedding Board on Wedding Bee. I just registered on the site so that I could fully participate. 🙂
Congratulations to everyone.
We live in NYC (although he’s currently working in Chicago) and we’re getting married in Costa Rica, God willing. My family lives there so it’ll be a great way for my H2B/his family/our friends to meet them and for my family to actually SEE me get married!
- We’re mostly planning online – via emails with the coordinators we’ll be working with down there (who I think are a tad pricey but whatever. I just want to enjoy the day and not have to WORK like I did at our engagement party).
- We won’t be visiting our site beforehand. But the pictures the coordinators sent us are beeeautiful.
- I’m cool with the planning process. The coordinators also provide a telephone #, in case I want/need to talk to them. One of my aunts who lives in Costa Rica said she’d coordinate our wedding and save me the money but I’d rather NOT have her do so. I’m pretty picky and I’d rather pay for peace of mind than stress the day of if anything goes wrong – especially since she’s not on email much and I’d need to be in frequent communication w/her about images/vendors, etc. So, she and the rest of my family can just chill out and relax that day. Other than that, I’m just a bit nervous about the photographer and videographer not producing the goods within a reasonable amount of time once we pay them and return to The States! 🙁 Also worried about not tasting the cake or food beforehand. 🙁 But I’m not going to stress. The coordinators seem to be fabulous and I’m going to trust them. The last thing I’m worried about it my hair! I don’t feel that $400 for hair services (what the coordinators told me that it would cost for someone to do my type of hair) is logical. Yet I don’t want to fly someone down to do my hair (maybe if I were wealthy, I’d consider either/both). So, I don’t know if I want to do the wedding first and then the group activity the day after… Decisions, decisions…
- I think we’re inviting about 150 guests, but we’re still in discussions about whether to invite everyone we want to be at the wedding (even if we know they won’t be able to make it) or just invite the folks we know can make it (who we want to be there) and then invite the rest of the folks to our post-honeymon party back in NYC. I think 50-ish guests will attend…
nikkolec: Sydney is AWESOME. That’s one of my favorite cities in the world.
ihcoop13: Ahhhh…Belize! How lovely. I would LOVE to go there. My friends honeymooned there and their pictures were soooo beautiful.
Post # 21
I’m from NYC and will be doing a Destination Wedding as well.. leaning towards riviera maya in mexico but am still doing research for other spots like los cabos or in the carribbean like Turks and caicos. any suggestions? any other NYC based brides out there?
Post # 22
Destination Bride here! I live in the US Fiance in the UK and we are getting married at The MAjestic Punta Cana!!!!
@Ms. Purple where in DR are you getting [email protected]
Post # 23
We’re getting married in St. John USVI in July. We traveled to the island 2 years ago and the wedding is pretty much planned. If anyone needs info, let me know! Be happy to help!!
Post # 24
hello, hey Im from Edmonton AB, and yea we are having Destination Wedding in Barbados next year very private and intimate..only us and parents…but planing a little reception after we get back.
Post # 25
- Wedding: November 2019 - Majestic Colonial Resort, Punta Cana
DreamComeTrue: MissPurple was my old handle before I became Sea Breeze. 🙂 I got married at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Are you doing the Majestic Colonial or Majestic Elegance? Both are so beautiful – you will love it!
Post # 26
I’m a DW!! We are in Upstate NY and gettin gmarried in Orlando, FL (Walt Disney World). We have a Disney Wedding Planner and she basically takes care of everything. The only thing we didn’t book with Disney is our photographer (they have lots of restrictions!!). YAY for DW’s!!
Post # 27
I am going to the Melia in Punta Cana!
We are planning via email with our wedding coordinator, simple, intimate and elegant ceremony and restaurant reception with 14 guests!
Post # 28
For those considering Mexico:
I considered it before choosing the Dominican Republic, but we changed our minds when we learned the requirements to get married. It is mandatory to have blood tests done IN Mexico – you can’t have them done at home and bring your results only… Just a heads up!
Post # 29
I am getting married in January 2010 from Tacoma, WA, getting married on the ski slopes at Alpental Cascade Mountains.
Post # 30
WOOHOO! Destination bride here! We live in Virginia and are traveling to Orlando, FL for an intimate 20 guest Disney wedding. We had it down between a Destination Wedding in the US Virgin Islands or WDW and Disney won because we had taken a trip to Hawaii together a couple years earlier :). Yay for DWs!
Post # 31
I live in the UK and we’re going to Mallorca!