(Closed) You have a $100 gift card to Amazon….. what would YOU buy?

posted 5 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: What to buy?
    Jewellery (any links to pretty stuff?) : (6 votes)
    7 %
    Games or Movies : (3 votes)
    4 %
    Something practical? : (41 votes)
    51 %
    Books (tell me which you are dying to read!) : (31 votes)
    38 %
  • Post # 3
    8455 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

@MissLibra:  You can get almost anything from Amazon.  We get doggie dental treats, video games, small kitchen appliances, cookware, etc.  Seriously, they have everything lol.

Post # 4
    1880 posts
    Buzzing bee

So many books.

Post # 5
    2063 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I would use it for textbooks. However, you can get pretty much anything.

Post # 7
    1474 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Bent Creek Winery (Livermore, California); Reception: Family Residence (San Ramon, California)

Lots and lots of books. They are my one splurge, and I can never have enough. I kind of have a problem.

Post # 8
    284 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

@MissLibra:  I am from Vancouver too and I order from amazon all the time!! I buy my runners on amazon and got all my Christmas presents on amazon!! You can get it shipped to Blaine Washington then shipping is usually free!

Post # 9
    2555 posts
    Sugar bee

getting an amazon giftcard is pretty much like getting cash!

Post # 10
    1514 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@MissLibra:  I love Amazon, and I’m sure you will too once you start ordering!  Smile

I voted for books because that’s what I order most often from Amazon.  I can’t always find the books I want in bookstores, but I usually don’t have a problem finding anything on Amazon (unless it happens to be out of print).

I have a $50 Amazon gift card from Christmas, and I’ll probably end up ordering more books.  If I don’t go with books, I’ll order some music.  I love my iPod, but I’m still old school and like to have actual CDs.  (I also like to have actual books.)  

Post # 11
    631 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I am a self proclaimed Amazon super shopper! I buy lots of different items…….anything from bras to shoes. Yes they have good prices on books but they are so much more. Whatever you need or want go on the website and search for it.

I did probably over half of my Christmas shopping on Amazon. I have a Prime membership. For $89 a year you get free two day shipping and returns. For me it’s the selection. I searched for a watch- stainless and white and had literally hundreds of choices. I ended up getting a Relic watch which is made by Fossil for under $40.

Have fun. I’m envious!

Post # 12
    669 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I buy so much on a regular basis from Amazon that I’d just add it to my account and go about. Ormal ordering… I order everything from jewelry to jeans to cosmetics to dog food to whatever that it’s nice to just have a fund to drain. I just ordered more face lotion, a sweater for the puppy and leave in conditioner. Yay Amazon.

Post # 13
    3248 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

I would use it towards a really high-quality juicer if I had one! Go ahead and get whatever thing you’ve been wanting but didn’t want to spend the money on. Fun!

Post # 14
    1150 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

NEVER shopped on Amazon?

I’m pretty sure that besides my rent, student loans, and Trader Joe’s, Amazon is where the next biggest chunk of my money goes!

This year I have ordered: a sound machine so that I can sleep when the upstairs neighbors decide to have marching band practice while wearing ski boots and watching Die Hard on full volume (kidding-maybe- but that’s what it sounds like), a watch for my Fiance, a couple of books, a wire whip for my KitchenAid because I bent the original one, sunglasses, and chia seeds. Today I ordered potential wedding shoes and Cards Against Humanity (a game).

You can get literally anything from Amazon. If I had $100, I would probably get the Olay Pro-X face brush and a new hairdryer.

Post # 15
    2065 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

Um, I just ordered white fudge covered oreos off amazon last night if that tells you anything about my amazon addiction. :p That prime membership pays for itself every year in what I save on shipping. If I had $100 I’d probably buy something for the house (we’re slowly redecorating and refurnishing and can always use something new!).

Post # 16
    2961 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Probably either DVDs, or goodies for my cats.

The topic ‘You have a $100 gift card to Amazon….. what would YOU buy?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors