Post # 1
– having friends over for dinner requires more than offering last night’s leftover pizza
– you see skimpy clothes that are made in your size but you could no longer get away with wearing
– you care less about your SO’s appearance and more about his financial security
– you no longer have the urge to decorate your car
– you don’t mind going to bed at 10pm on a Saturday
Post # 3
a friend of FI’s had a 36th birthday bar crawl on saturday. i took a shower at 6pm and put on my pjs. Fiance an I were joking when we started getting ready to go out at 9:30, that we are usually in bed at this hour or very close to.
Post # 4
Oh gosh… The whole going to bed early thing for sure!!
-when you’re hungover for a while day even though you didn’t drink that much
-you turn down movies that start after 9pm because they go too late and you’re worried you will fall asleep
Post # 5
You willingly go to buy a bag of compost and get excited about potting up some plants for your patio… oh dear.
Yes to going to bed early!
Post # 6
Haha, so true. Fiance and I had a “date night” last weekend and were joking about how “young” and “cool” we were to just be starting dinner at 9pm.
Post # 7
You know you are getting older…
When you have no idea who any of the current artists on MTV and MTV2 are.
When you get horrified by what teen girls “wear” and say they should be ashamed of themselves for wearing that (old granny-style).
Post # 8
– when you can’t go out both Fri & Sat nights because your body can’t handle it (i.e. too hungover & too sleepy to go out both nights.)
– when you spend a Sat doing lawn work and going to Home Depot
– almost ALL of your friends are parents
Post # 9
– when you actually know the ins and outs of probate court
– you have a plan for the inevitable grey hairs that will infiltrate your mane…**I’m going die hard and growing it out**
– you’ve actually been to the wedding and subsequent anniversaries of the couple that’s currently getting a divorce
– you get excited about a new roof on your house, and groan inwardly at the invitation to a surprise birthday party
Post # 10
Your idea of a fun saturday night with friends is sitting on the couch and crocheting while watching Law and Order. This has happened for the past three weekends for me!
Post # 11
@Aquaria: You’d rather save for you house downpayment than spend your money on … wait you can’t even remember what it was that caught your eye in the store window.
-You’ve watched as couples for you know met.. got engaged… got married (though you thought it wouldn’t work)… and then found out you were right.
-You’ve been asked to be a godparent.
Post # 12
– When the radio station plays a “flash-back song,” (or whatever the one here calls them, I can’t remember), and it’s some song that was a big hit when you were in elementary.
– The high school kids you work with don’t know who Chad Michael Murray or James Van Der Beek is.
– Actually if the high school kids you work with don’t get many 90’s references at all.
– You’re excited to get kitchen appliances (or any homey things) for Christmas.
Post # 13
You know you’re getting old when:
– You can’t eat spicy foods after 9pm or else lose hours of sleep over heartburn pain
– You purchase a new car, not for it’s stylish aesthetics but for reliability and safety features
– You turn down a wardrobe shopping trip in lieu of buying a much needed vintage cherry oak bookshelf and a stainless steel oven 🙂
– You begin baby proofing your home even though you don’t have children and aren’t TTC yet.
– You want nothing more than to be left alone on Saturday so you can chill on your porch swing and read a good book! NO I don’t want to go out for drinks!
– Happy Hour? What’s that???
Post # 14
-You start reminiscing about the good old days with your friends
-You look forward to going to bed. At 9 pm.
-You are shocked how young teenagers and college students look
-You realize your metabolism isn’t what it used to be
-You wouldn’t be caught dead in what the youth are wearing
-You start to get heartburn regularly.
THIS IS DEPRESSING.
Post # 15
- When social events become obligations that you really don’t have time or money for
- When you see what young girls wear and are truly horrified (just like your mother would be)
- When you say things you said you never would and sound exactly like your mother
- You would rather go to bed early than go out
- When your priorities change into the ones a real adult would have
- When you have absolutely no idea who any celebrities are anymore
- If you have ever said, “I remember when…and it was so much better back then!”
I could go on forever. I’m old and fine with it, lol.
Post # 16
– when all your friends are out at the clubs at 10pm and you’re home asleep
– when you care more about the food in your pantry than the clothes on your back
– when people mention hot new music artists and you pretend to know who they are
– when you see all the freshmen on campus excited about college and you the senior just want to wack them with your textbooks for being so naive and WAY too loud.