- 8 years ago
- Wedding: March 2011
I am soooo excited I could pop!
Fiance and I decided to swing by a little church run thrift shop today because it seems they always have alot of bridal and wedding related items and their prices are really good. I am mainly looking for wedding jewelry. So we are in there looking at what wedding stuff is out and the manager comes over and asks who is getting married. We tell him we are (and we’re a same sex couple, and he didn’t even flinch, so instant score there for him!)… and he tells us he has a couple boxes of wedding related items he hasn’t put out yet, would we like to check it out? Would we!?!
Okay so he brings out these boxes and I’m pulling stuff out (almost all of it unused, by the way) and piling it up and I ask him for prices and he says to just figure out what I want and he’ll quote me a price on all of it. So here is what we got (and part of this is not wedding related but I included it to make my point about the OMG price!):
- Unopened box, champagne toasting flutes
- Two unopened packages of wedding thank you notes in our colors
- Unopened package of FIFTY DIY printable invitations w/envelopes and RSVP postcards
- Two silver plated wine goblets (very cool and medieval looking which is not our theme but hey)
- Brand new, never used and totally gorgeous wedding keepsake book — the kind with guest book pages and photo sheets and everything. Ivory with embossed silver lettering and just gorgeous, still in it’s box
- Thirteen packages of four each ivory lace drawstring favor bags (so total of 52)
- Lace flower girl basket with pink rosettes, adorable
- silk flower & pearl “spray” hair fascinator in ivory
- vintage aurora borealis necklace (for MEEEE but not wedding related)
- awesome old stained glass effect kerosene style lamp
- Dress for 7 year old Dirty Delete (not wedding related but cute)
- school binder for Fiance for next semester
- vintage wooden “pear” coasters (kitschy, bought for my mom)
Are you ready???
You see why I am ecstatic now?
I just can’t believe our luck. I am pretty darn good at finding the bargains and probably could have done this otherwise, but it would have taken me at LEAST 4 or 5 stores and at LEAST 2 or 3 days of hunting! And we hit the wedding-related-motherload in one afternoon!
Oh and there was also a Jessica McClintock wedding-y dress there in a size 20!! For almost nothing! Perfect for a beach wedding.. I was tempted to buy it just because!
I am MOST excited about the fascinator, honestly, oh and the AB necklace (reminds me so much of a piece my grandma had), and on the invites, okay, so they are not what I planned on buying but Fiance loves them and they’re not way off from our theme so hey, I am not THAT freaking picky! THe only thing I bought that was not really needed was the wine goblets along with the toasting flutes, but they were so cheap I had to, and I figure if we do any kind of wine ceremony we can use the goblets for that purpose.
So we ended up with no wedding jewelry… lol.. but that’s okay! I just had to share! I knew that place was a gold mine normally but WOW! And Fiance (who usually hates the thrift store experience) was just as thrilled and into it!