Your 2016 recap. What have you done this year?

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
1199 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

Let’s see:

January- we went to see my family in Malta for 2 weeks. Adopted Toby, our rescue dog

Feb- nothing that I can recall

March- as above

April- Mexico for a long weekend

May- St. Maarten for a week

June-I switched job

July- fiance moved to CA for a job promotion.I will follow in January, will keep my same job but switch to telecommute ( a dream come true!!)

August-started my final semester in school

Sept-can’t remember

October-We started looking for new houses

November- we found a gorgeous condo just 1/4 mile from Disney! Put our house for sale on a Friday night, sold it Saturday morning the next day

December- I graduated. Finalising last little details for our wedding in Jan’17

2016 was an excellent year for me:)

Post # 3
13 posts
Newbee

This has been a huge year for me personally!  In February, I was accepted into my first choice graduate program,

in May I moved to my new city and met my SO on tinder.

June I started my first term. In October we moved in together.

December I finished up my second term, and went to orientation to prepare to start seeing clients in January (mental health counseling program)! and traveled to SO’s hometown to meet his dad and friends. 

2015 felt like the lowest of the low for me so far, and 2016 felt like a comeback. 

Post # 4
2005 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

February I got promoted at work.

March we bought a house. 

May was our house warming. 

November we got engaged and I was Maid/Matron of Honor in a friend’s wedding. 

December we are getting a new car, booked our venue, and I placed a down payment on my dress! 

Post # 5
1151 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

January: got pregnant

October: had my baby boy

the rest is a blur lol

Post # 6
2967 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

went to disneyland a lot

got a promotion and raise at work

got pregnant

that’s about it.

Post # 7
1513 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Jan to April- Finalized wedding details

April- Got married in DR

May- Threw hubby a birthday party

July- Familymooned in Aruba with husband and 2-year old

July/August- Got thank u cards out (was very proud of myself)

Sept- Threw son a bday party

Oct- Bought a new car

December- Got promoted at work (a goal that I set in September and actually didn’t expect to achieve so quickly!)

It was a good year.

Post # 8
1945 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Some of the significant events this year, it feels like we’ve had a lot of big changes:

January – Darling Husband had to go to Paris to work for a few weeks, first time our relationship had to endure distance. 

February – I joined Darling Husband in Paris and our 2 year anniversary is celebrated in France. We travel to Sweden to finalise details for our destination wedding. Darling Husband leaves his job and goes on garden leave for 3 months. 

Easter – DH’s grandpa died – we travel to the US for the funeral.

May – Darling Husband starts his new job. We got married!!

June – Honeymoon in the Seychelles!!

July – We travel to Hungary for close friends destination wedding. Darling Husband and I both quit our jobs. We travel to Sweden for vacation.

August – We move to USA with our cat. Darling Husband starts his 2nd new job this year.

Sep – DH’s close friend’s brother dies, we attend the funeral. We find our longterm apartment in USA.

Oct – We move into longterm apartment. I travel to Europe without Darling Husband. My bridesmaid breaks up with her longterm live-in boyfriend. DH’s Best Man files for divorce from his wife.

Nov – We travel to DH’s parents for Thanksgiving. We find out another of our closest friends have separated and have filed for divorce. DH’s mother wins their local election. DH’s brother completes his PhD.

Dec – I travel to Europe again without Darling Husband. I receive my US Green Card and return to the US two days before Christmas. My sister breaks up with her longterm boyfriend. My other bridesmaid gets engaged! 

Post # 9
2670 posts
Sugar bee

legojedi :  You’ve also done a lot this year!! Wowee!! 

January: Started the process of buying a home.

February: Started and ended looking for homes – we found one we liked (the 6th house we looked at), put an offer in and it got accepted. 

March: Packing – he lived in an apartment and I had moved back in with my parents after a bad ending when I was engaged before. Met my now Fiance and decided to wait on moving out. 

April: Packing and closed on our house at the end, and started moving in. 

May – September: Mega unpacking, small repairs, yard work, etc. One concert in June and a few weekends at the cabin, friend’s grad party in May in another state. Housewarming party. 

October: ENGAGED!!!!!! Booked venue and our parents finally met over dinner the day we looked at and booked the venue. Cousin’s wedding. Engagement pictures. Hog Roast in another state with the same friends who’s son graduated highschool and had a party in May. 

November: Deer hunting for me. FI’s nephew’s 1st birthday party. Thanksgiving at my dad’s side of the family. 

December: My birthday. Christmas at future in law’s. New Year’s at the cabin and celebrating Christmas with my immediate family. 

BUSYYYYY year. 

Post # 10
586 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Nepal

Holy moly, I realize that I’ve been on a plane a lot this year!

Pebble Beach

Las Vegas x3

Orlando

Nashville x2

Newport Beach x2

Santa Barbara

NYC x4

Phoenix

Kansas City

Chicago

Del Mar

Boston

Miami

Calistoga

In July we finally decided on how and when we would get married. It only took 3 years ha ha!

My brother got married, the first of my siblings.

Sat courtside for the first time at an NBA game. My seat was literally next to the visitors bench! 

Post # 11
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Congratulations on your new home! It sounds like 2016 has been an amazing year for you! 

2016 has definitely been an eventful year for me as well, as SO built a house and moved in a few months ago, I graduated nursing school, and I started my dream job in neuro critical care nursing. Oh, and I got to attend Game 4 of the ALDS to see the Jays win, so that was a plus for me πŸ™‚ Everyone complains about how terrible 2016 was, but it sounds like for us and other posters on here it’s been a really great year! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 12
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

qdfgxc  xvzc

Post # 13
2109 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

While 2016 has had some highlights, it has been the hardest year of my life so far. 

January- Went to Disneyworld! Got a raise at work. 

March- Our house finally finished construction and we moved in. 

April- Quit my job. Went back to school to switch careers and do something I have always wanted to do. 

May- Went to Hawaii to celebrate our first anniversary!

June- Had the 9th surgery for a chronic foot problem. Went super poorly and left me in so much pain I could hardly function. School was put on hold.

July- Adopted a new puppy!

August- The idea of needing another surgery had been tossed around with my doctor numerous times since June. At a visit with the doc in August, he realized something that required me to have a near-emergency surgery (I had 2 days notice for the surgery) Also did not go well and was much more invasive and intense than he thought. Recovery went from 3-4 weeks to 6 months.

September- Vacation to Albuquerque for the International Hot Air Balloon festival! A BLAST!

October- Visited my family in my hometown. 

November- Thanksgiving with DH’s family.

December- Found out I need another surgery in Jan/Feb. Hopefully will be able to resume school and a lot of normal life functioning after that!

Post # 14
3450 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course
  • Vacationed in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years, loved every minute.
  • Registered for clinical medical assisting classes…error on my part. Giving shots, close contact with strangers fluids etc., I wasn’t comfortable with this part of the process. 
  • Registered for administrative medical assisting classes instead. πŸ™‚ Classes start next month. 
  • Vacationed in Guanacaste, Costa Rica and got a surprise proposal, woohoo! Beautiful country, can’t wait to return.
  • Watched my son walk the stage and graduate high school. So proud of him! πŸ˜€ 
  • Started volunteering with Meals on Wheels. 
  • Helped place 22 fur babies in loving homes while volunteering with the local SPCA.
  • Vacationed in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic…wish we’d gone back to Costa Rica instead.
  • Found an all inclusive wedding venue, gave deposit, completely changed our minds then canceled and switched to different ceremony/reception locations. Total cost $1,886 vs. $5572. Cost wasn’t the main priority but it doesn’t hurt to spend less.
  • Went to ER with blood pressure 196/132 but changed my diet a bit, started exercising more and discovered the calming effects of Chai. Bridal Party was thankfully normal at last doctor appt. 
  • Booked a trip to the island of Kauai for Valentines Day as part of a Christmas gift to Fiance. Can’t wait to start packing! 
  • Managed to stay alive one more year. πŸ˜‰ Always a plus.
Post # 15
1210 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2021 - City, State

This year I passed college, we moved home, we went to Canada, I got into university, we got engaged, we booked venue, photographer and band.

its Been an excellent year for me and us

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors