Post # 1
I’m still in the planning stages, and as a type A anxiety riddled bride, I am stressing about every little thing! I am afraid that:
1. Nobody will come
2. The people that do come won’t dance
3. My friends will get too drunk and throw up on the dance floor
4. The food will be bad
5. Our wedding will somehow be ruined by the other wedding happening at the same time across the hall!
so what were your biggest fears in the planning process? Did they come true, or did everything work out?
Post # 3
1. Darling Husband or I will trip and fall.
2. People won’t have fun.
3. DH and/or I will screw up our vows.
4. My dress won’t fit.
Haha. 🙂 Our day turned out just fine! 😀
Post # 4
#1 I will look terrible (It hink I looked pretty good, I’m happy with most of hte pictures the dress didn’t photograph that well at certain angles)
#2 it will be lame, no one will have fun/dance (it wasn’t hte craziest wedding, but people did dance and it was a good time)
#3 There will be some embarrassing moment (not really, but my husband did flub on his vows a little when he said “sign of my love and fidelity” it sounded like he said “infedility”…lol so the priest had him repeat it, no one noticed everyone looked confused when I tried to explain it)
#4 my family will act like idiots (true, did happen…they were jerks and they apparently still don’t feel bad about it, and although it changed the mood of the wedding compltley, it didn’t destroy the day)
#5 my fiance’ and I will be too distracted to having any really romantic moments (aside from saying I do)….true, there was too much going on..my husband was the most distracted of the two of us, he was just so worried about everyone’s comfort, well being…we didn’t get a moment to really go “whoaah..we’re married!” until the next day….
Post # 5
1) not being able to save enough for it
2) no one showing up
3) no one having fun, everyone being awkward
4) bugs attacking while we’re outside (bees, mosquitos)
5) the dj not having enough room to set up
6) having to shell out more cash than i thought
Post # 6
1. People will not come.
2. People will judge our wedding.
3. People will not dance.
4. People will talk badly about us on the day of our wedding.
5. Certain people will not give gifts because they hate us.
6. My catering company falling through.
7. I won’t get all of my decorations that I want.
8. I’ll forget really important things for the wedding day / be unprepared.
9. I’ll have a panic attack on my wedding day.
10. Not having enough money for the things we need now and in the future for our wedding.
11. I won’t fit in my dress.
12. Not enough good pictures of Fiance and I.
13. People’s phones ringing during our vows.
14. Everything will be poorly executed, and boring.
I haven’t had my wedding yet, but these are my fears.
Post # 7
1. It rains the day of the wedding and we are stuffed in the tent
2. My timeline is bad and makes us late to the wedding and the day just doesn’t flow
3. Too many people for the venue
4. The decorations are not cohesive
5. The food is bad
6. People wait too long for their food at the buffet
7. People don’t have fun
8. Spend too much money on the things that won’t even be memorable
7. My pictures will come our bad
8. Guests getting drunk
9. Not looking like I have envisioned
10. Anxiety being the center of attention that day…..drinking to calm nerves……then being too drunk the entire evening…….ending up not remembering my wedding
Heres hoping that in 2 1/2 months none of these things happen and I have a wonderful wedding
Post # 8
My biggest fear was that my hair/makeup artist would forget & not show up. She was there 1 hour before I expected her 😉
Post # 9
1) Fear: it would rain. Reality: record heat of 101. Seriously. Hottest day since 1984
2) Fear: the room would be too packed/crowded. Reality: it was perfect 🙂
3) Fear: I would feel some dress regret. Reality: LOVED it!!
there are a lot of things that can and probably will for wrong or not according to plan, but just embrace the day. take a look around at your family and friends and your new spouse and it will be amazing 🙂
Post # 10
FEAR: Photos would turn out not to my high expectations
REALITY: Photos met my expectations and more!
FEAR: Timeline would not be followed
REALITY: Timeline was generally followed with some late people (as I predicted) but it DID push my photography time further which was really annoying.
FEAR: Would be too windy for my cathedral veil.
REALITY: I WAS windy but made for good photos.
FEAR: Reception dinner would be bed.
REALITY: Reception food quality was okay. Noise was a bit loud but honestly, it was fine. =)
I would say that my fears were pretty much realistic fears but the reality wasn’t as disasterous as I imagined.
Post # 11
no one will come
food will be terrible
i wont be able to let go of my anxiety and have a panic attack
i will be too hot to wear my dress
people wil be bored
I am 56 days out. Holy crap.