Post # 1
Details you say? What on earth is that?
So many brides seem to think about all of these wonderful touches they add to the wedding. I am trying so hard to thing of little things to add.
- Mr and Mrs Sign
- Reserved signs?
- Centerpieces (a duh)
- Building a photobooth
- Building wedding backdrop
- Drapes are done
- need to test structure for drapes
- need to think of something to add so that it’s not just drapes on stage
- Guest book table
- refurnishing old type writer
- 3 large wooden easels, need to be painted
- Signature Drink Sign
- Possible Menu Sign
- Possible something sign (ceremony??)
Oh wow, this is getting out of hand. Could there be anything I am forgetting?
What are you doing?
Let me see your lists ladies (and possibly gentlemen)
Post # 3
@DarthBetty: how did you do your mr and mrs signs? pictures? what’s on the guest book table? How did you build the photobooth?
Post # 4
Haven’t done them yet. I’m so very behind. These are all the things I need to do. 🙂
Post # 5
I made bride and groom signs by buying wooden letters, painting them in our wedding colours, and sticking them onto cloth bunting which I made earlier.
For a guestbook, I made a book with cloth, wooden letters and more bunting. It’s going to go with a photo printer and some props so that guests can print a photo from their camera or phone and stick it in next to their message.
Don’t know how OP did it, but those are my ideas.
Post # 6
@DarthBetty: wow that is an intense list! My biggest DIY project were making my wedding favors. I also wanted to make custom stamps myself of our initials to place on top of our favors. I probably overshot that project, but whatever.
– I contemplated making part of our wedding centerpieces but I think I may just end up leaving that to our decorator now
– I am designing our RSVP cards by replicating them in the same style as our printed invites
– Contemplating making my own lace veil, but I’m still searching for a good tutorial and I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the effort :p
– We may do a chalkboard sign for the wedding program instead of handing out paper programs for everyone. Again, we’re contemplating.
– may do spray painted block letters of the first letter of our names
– table numbers
I probably have some more DIY projects I can’t remember. My head’s been swimming with wedding planning
Post # 7
Thank you for sharing! So creative!
Post # 8
Thanks! I have a huge list of DIY to get through, including…
– Lifesize cutouts (done!)
– Wish you were here area (partly done)
– Table numbers
– Centrepieces (partly done)
– Bouquets (partly done)
– Guestbook area (partly done)
– 400m of bunting
– Bunting signage (partly done)
– Sweet buffet (partly done)
– Entire evening buffet
– Headpiece (done)
– Programmes and children’s activity pull outs (partly done)
– Invitations (done)
– Misc. decor
– Cake stands
– Pinatas (partially done)
It’s quite a lot, and I’m getting increasingly nerous about it…
Post # 9
ooh my DIY list :
1. Mr & Mrs Sign w/ burlap
2. centerpieces (working currently)
3. Chalkoard sign to have ppl use #somethingcreativei haven’t thought of yet on instagram
4. seating arrangements onto window pane using glass paint and stencils
5. BMs champagne glasses
ahh it sounds like alot but I feel like i have things started all over so its not overwhelming lol
Post # 10
Flower petal aisle runner
Wood slice save the date magnets
Possibly a veil, I get a free one with my dress, but I think I want a juliet cap and they don’t sell those there.
Writing our ceremony
Decor (including centerpeices)
Maybe a cardbox, not sure because I’ve got a wishing well for the cards, but I don’t think I love how it looks
Possibly a cake stand
I don’t think we’re doing favours but if we are I’ll DIY them
Post # 11
Signs for our menu, guest book (2), and disposable cameras (3). The latter 5 were in hand-painted frames.
Centerpieces with dried flowers and moss (18)
My birdcage veil (which I won’t use, I think)
Dried flower boutonnieres (15)
Invitations (ceremony/party and welcome dinner)
Signs to direct people where they need to be
A welcome package map of all our wedding locations
My mom did:
6 nice tablecloths and runners, plus other table decor
Silverware bundles tied with ribbons
Alterations on my dress
Welcome bags (15)
Fiance is doing:
Flowers for the ceremony space
Yardwork at ceremony and reception space
Designing the ceremony
Post # 12
I’m so glad to know there are other brides that are as behind as I am!
Post # 13
I’ve been taking things off my list as time runs short, and let’s face it – I don’t want to do anything the week of the wedding!
I have the following left
– Rehearsal dinner invitations
– Sand Ceremony (whatever we plan on doing)
– Finish card box
– Signage for everything (Ceremony, Tables, Reserved, etc.)
– Kids room stuff
– Escort cards and set-up
– Broom for jumping the broom
– Ceremony Programs
– Mr. and Mrs. Signs
– And maybe Out of Town bags
Lot’s to do, and hopefully can just get stuff done one by one.
Post # 14
1) table numbers
2) escort cards
3) stumps for ceromony (fi is doing these)
4) 5 framed chalkboards (2 frames purchased)
5) invitations (partly done)
6) cards box
7) dessert table cards
8) mr and mrs signs (fi is doing this too)
9) guest book (done)
Post # 15
i love that your list goes … _ did … _ did … fi doing. lol
Post # 16
My DIY list is a *tad* aggressive, but this is what I have finished so far:
Petal aisle runner
177 ribbon/send off wands
350 personalized drink stirrers
89 save the date cards
50′ of paper flower & bead garland
160 crocheted fortune cookie favors
160 pyramid boxes for the cookies that serve as escort cards
Crocheted garters (keep & toss)
My in progress ones:
1000 origami cranes (at 300)
3-tier cathedral veil (finishing the beading)
Over sized painted paper flower for the centerpieces (the cranes are part of this too)
Bridesmade jewelry (one set of necklace/earrings complete)
Bridal jewelry (statement necklace about 1/4th done)
As I finish one, I add another. That way I can work on what I feel like and it doesn’t feel like a chore. I love making stuff, so I have gone a bit crazy.