Ooh I’m a developer too, and that sounds like it would be a fun project! Features I would want are:
– A generic checklist of all items to be completed 9 months out, 6 months out, etc etc with the option to check them off as you complete them and automatic reminders of what’s due this month.
– Contact list for all your vendors, including name of company, name of contact person, address, phone number, email, and website.
– Contact list for all your guests, including names of all people in family, mailing address, and a place to mark their RSVP as Yes or No. Automatically keep a tally of how many people are coming, not coming, and not yet replied.
– Vendor payment chart, where you can enter payments you’ve made on what dates, and also enter when the next payment is due per the contract.
– Budget calculator that takes your “total budget” and splits it up into weighted categories to tell you how much you should be spending on the dress, dinner, etc with the ability for you to enter how much you did spend on those things. It would show a running total of how much you’ve spent, and how much you still expect to spend based on your unpaid budget items, and whether you’re on track or over budget. Also it should let you mark certain items as “paid for by the parents” so they don’t factor into your personal total budget.
– Integrate with your calendar so you can add appointments with vendors.
– An inspiration board creator that takes 6-10 pictures and makes a collage for you to email or print out and show your vendors.
– A day-of timeline creator that lets you enter everything you’ll be doing the day of (hair and makeup, ceremony, pictures, dinner, reception, whatever else) and automatically creates a generic timeline for you but allows you to tweak it. For example maybe it’s programmed to default to 1 hour for your hair, but you can up it to 2 hours because you have more girls coming.
– Integrate with your blog (if possible) so you can take pictures and publish them to your blog from your phone.
Ok so I had a lot of really big ideas. Your Fiance has his work cut out for him now!