Post # 1
So we all have some things we both love and have a hard time loving about our SOs… Just for fun, let’s see what everyone shares! I’ll do 5 of each. (I’m kind of feeling like Ben Stiller on Along Came Polly, although I’m defintiely not comparing two people, lol!)
Here are mine:
Same life goals
Tons of shared hobbies
Mr. Fix It! 🙂
Can be a little critical and not open-minded at times
Sense of humor (think farting 13 year old)
He whines and complains about his job A LOT (I am praying for him a new one and hopefully this one will be crossed off the list!)
Likes to shake things off and I like to talk about them
Has a tendency to ignore some of my super-emotional needs (this is probably a Pro in reality, haha)
Post # 3
LOL, I’ll share.
Pros of my boy:
One of the smartest people I’ve ever met
Makes me smile & laugh
We have shared values, and ideas on the Big Issues
Treats me with a great deal of respect
Fun to be around
drives himself ragged sometimes over schoolwork
is a hipster music snob who puts way too much stock in listening to “cool kid” music (that is often not even very good)
does not like to do chores
we can get very competitive sometimes (probably as much my fault as is)
is a patriots fan
Post # 4
- Funny/sarcastic (like me)
- Hard worker
- Handyman (he’s a plumber)
- Very caring
This list could go on and on.
- Too laid back sometimes
- Videos games
- Can be very oblivious
- Not as random and energetic as me
Post # 5
1.Hard working 2.Kind 3.Spontaneous 4.Funny/Sense of Humour 5.Loves animals
1.Impatient 2.Short temper 3.Stressed easily 4.Terrible grammer 5.Unorganized
Post # 7
Same sense of humor
A true gentleman
Clueless on housework (except dishes and taking out the garbage!)
Can get defensive during heated discussions
Watches British comedies all the time – which I don’t think are funny at all
Tendency to let others walk all over him
Post # 8
Full of praise and encouragement
Sexy as hell
CONS – Sloppy
Post # 9
Cons: Extreme worrywort, Not very spontaneous, Republican, thinks he is always right, doesn’t know the location of a single thing he owns
Pros: Very very affectionate, loves to cook, total goofball/makes me laugh, pushes me to be a better person, Similar interests/hobbies
Post # 10
@mrs.peters.to.be: I think we’re marrying the same man.
Post # 12
Thank you everyone for sharing! 🙂 So fun to see how differnt (or alike) men’s personalities can be. I am SO jealous of you women with “sense of humor” on the Pro list! LOL. He’s lucky his other amazing qualities outweigh that 10x.
Post # 13
- He’s got a really cute, goofy sense of humor
- He totally doesn’t mind using cutesy pet names all the time (in private, lol), and cuddling for hours.
- This might be Too Much Information, but I wanted to wait until marriage, and he’s never, ever pushed me to go against that, even though he’s not a virgin.
- He’s super adorable
- He always knows when I’m in a bad mood, and he’s great about pulling me out of it.
- He calls every day that we’re not together unless he’s at work and he can’t.
- He respects my video game zombie-killing expertise.
- He thinks red and green are appropriate at any time in the year. 🙂
- He doesn’t clean nearly as often as I think he should, but we’ve talked about cleaning expectations once we live together, so hopefully that will work out.
My list is a little skewed, but I couldn’t help it!
Post # 14
These are funny. Here’s mine.
- Hilarious- Like, pee your pants funny.
- Laid back- He doesn’t take himself too seriously, and will lay in bed and look at LOLCATS with me.
- Loves sports-I love baseball, and we are freaks about it together.
- Super cute and very athletic body (He played baseball through college.)
- Always takes time to do nice little things for me, like bring me a bottle of juice or chocolate milk on the way home from work.
- Excellent guitar player, plays me to sleep at night.
- Loves sports-Plays Fantasy EVERYTHING.
- More of a homebody than me.
- Rarely reads, except shitty Dan Brown books. I am a book snob.
- Won’t play me in any board game that I am better at. He’s a sore loser.
Post # 15
1. always dependable
2. very accepting
3. a great provider
4. has a great inner strength/protectivness that can shock me at times because i forget my big teddy bear is all male
5. with a quite word of support he has the ability to wake up and say “i want to try…. ” (in his late 30’s he taught himself to swim, play guitar and went back to uni, in his early 40’s he taught himself to ride a bike and last month he skydived for the first time)
1. procrastinates –
2. fails to launch big ideas into action without encouragement (thanks to greek mom, grrrr)
3. wont take risks (financial and employment)
4. doesnt like change in his homelife (i told him i would never fight him for that horrid lava lamp in a divorce)
5. is a typical gemini – very high highs, and spiraling lows