Post # 1
I am wanting to watch a new movie. But my problem is when I decide this I spend more time looking for the movie than I do watching it. SERIOUSLY!
Sooo, what are your top fave five movies on Netflix? Also give a little info on the movie, but nothing to spoil it!
I have watched alot of movies on there, that I have watched long ago. (Older movies.)
A couple “newer” movies I have already seen are “The Grey” and “No strings Attached.” I usually just watch shows on there, mostly. But this past week I have been in the movie mood!
Post # 4
- Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa
I think “Law Abiding Citizen” is on Netflix. It’s a great movie. Gerard Butler gets revenge.
Also, “A Knight’s Tale”. Young hopeful Heath Ledger fulfills his destiny as a knight- without the required noble background Great soundtrack, too.
Other than that, I’m not sure right now. I have the hardest time finding movies on Netflix! They never have what I’m looking for.
Post # 5
I watched “traffic” and “hotel Rwanda” on there recently. I think they have “crash” as well which is really good.
Post # 6
I don’t know about favorite because if I don’t already own it, I tend to watch it and move on. But here are a few I’ve seen and liked on Netflix Instant:
- The Flowers of War: Christian Bale hides out in a cathedral in Nanking, China with the cathedral’s students and a group of prostitutes during the Japanese invasion
- The King’s Speech: you’ve probably heard of this one about King George’s stutter
- Crash: I’m guessing you’ve also heard about this one about several converging timelines, racism, and misconceptions
- Serenity/Firefly: Okay, I own these, but I’ll always recommend them. Firefly is Joss Whedon’s series about a future where Earth becomes overpopulated and other planets are terraformed to sustain life. The central characters are a group of smugglers on a spaceship following a war. It’s actually very grounded and almost a bit like a Western. Serenity is the movie follow-up.
- The Pianist: Holocaust movie about a jewish Pianist in Poland
- Clerks: a classic View Askew about a convenience store (think Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob, etc.)
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog: Niel Patrick Harris is a lovable supervillian, Nathan Fillion is a pretentious superhero
- Drive: This is one of those kind of brooding, silent movies that is kind of violent. Ryan Gosling is a stuntman who wants to save his neighbor and her son from her violent husband.
Post # 7
Thanks! I will check these out. 🙂
Post # 8
I’m actually watching Memoirs of a Geisha on Netflix right now, and it is one of my all-time favourite books, and one of my favourite movies too. It’s a tear jerker at parts.
Hm, other movies I like on Netflix would be Captain America (Chris Evans -drool-), Thor, The Hurt Locker, and Rat Race (hilarious cast).
Post # 9
@akirasan: I just tried to find Memoirs of a Geisha on Netflix and couldn’t! You have it on Instant?
Post # 10
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
The Decoy Bride – very cute chick flick, a famous writer and actress decide to get married on a dreary scottish (? I forget) island; in order to avoid paparazzi, a local becomes a decoy bride…
Shall We Dance – subtitled in Japanese, one of my very very favorite movies~ about a middle aged businessman who begins taking dance lessons. It was remade in America but the original is superior 🙂
Death at a Funeral – the original British version! I’m fairly certain it’s on Netflix right now. Another favorite. Revolves around a funeral/wake being held at the oldest son’s house. Was remade in America but the original is superior 😉
I can’t think of two more at the moment LoL
Post # 11
@MrsWrangler: Oh weird. I just searched it last night on my laptop and it popped up. I live in Canada, maybe that makes a difference?
Post # 12
Check out The Raven. John Cusack does an amazing job, I loved it.
Post # 13
This isn’t a movie, it’s a tv series… Disappeared.
My husband & I have been watching one every night. Tonight it’s episode 6!
Post # 14
@futurepilotswife_: I thought John Cusack was sort of sexy in Must Love Dogs.
Post # 15
@akirasan: Ugh unfortunately us Canadians get screwed over by almost everything compared to Americans. But you can get the US version of Netflix – check out unblock-us.com. I did it!
Post # 16
@elysion: I watched Decoy Bride because I love David Tennant. Cute movie (even Darling Husband said so), but that hairstyle didn’t flatter him at all.