* when the priest/officiant says “I now pronounce you man and wife.” UMMMM pretty sure the guy was a man BEFORE he got married. Shouldn’t it be “husband and wife?”
* I also can’t stand the “who gives this woman to this man?” speech. I am NOT a piece of property thank you very much.
* I also hate “Mr. and Mrs. John Smith.” I have a name also. I want us to be announced as “Mr. and Mrs. Smith or Jason and Stacy Smith”
* when flowr girls wear white. They are NOT mini-brides. They are mini bridesmaids in my opinion. Only the bride should wear white. Period.
* when the bride and groom shove cake all over each other’s faces. It’s tasteless and trashy and why would you want to be a mess especially after spending all that time/money on your hair and makeup!?!?!?
* when the groom takes off the garter with his teeth or sticks his entire head up under the skirt or comes “up” wiping his mouth or something. t-r-a-s-h. I’m not a prude but can we keep it clean when Grandma and co-workers and young children are present???
* The obnoxious tapping on the glasses or ringing those cheap little bells for the bride and groom to kiss. We have enough to do! And I’m sure we’ll be kissing plenty of times throughout the night. You shouldn’t have to feel “forced” to kiss your spouse because other people want a photo op!!
* when people DON’T participate in the dollar dance. it’s a very Slovak/Polish thing for me and my family so it’s, like, emotionally wrong to not have it. lol. Honestly, even if you stick a quarter in the bag it’s no big deal. Some people even throw in napkins or a cookie or something stupid. It’s just an opportunity for everyone to dance with the bride and groom. And … really? A dollar? You can’t fork over one little extra dollar???
* sit down dinners when you don’t get to choose your meal. Not everyone likes nasty, smelly fish, exotic food, or bleeding meat.
* Pachabel’s Canon. I love classical music and it’s a nice enough piece but it is SO over done!!!
* I don’t have anything against the actual boquet toss, but I can not STAND when an all out brawl ensues over the flowers. I mean … really? It’s supposed to be for fun and luck. If you’re rolling on the floor playing tug of war with silk lillies, that may be one of the reasons why you’re still single.
* organized dancing like the Macarena, the Electric Slide, The Chicken Dance, etc, etc. I’m trying to convince my fiance to forbid any of these types of songs to be played at our wedding. It’s just so hokey and 8th grade first boy/girl dance. lol