(Closed) Your Wedding Photos & Facebook.

posted 9 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 16
3638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I don’t understand this really. For birthday parties, an event for which there is a center of attention and for which you are invited to a private event, people post pictures immediately. A wedding is the same!

Think about this: People don’t really post pictures of events they didn’t like or aren’t excited about. They want to share your event with everyone! In the end I think you’ll like that you can see pictures so immediately. 

If you try and forbid people from doing it they’ll just get their back up about it and post awful photos out of spite. 

Post # 17
1679 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

When my closest friend got married, I sent her a link to my photos of flickr within an hour of getting home. It was up to her to post her favs on Facebook. I did the same with a colleague at work.

I wish people werent as tied to Facebook for picture sharing (because they potentially mine everything for info they can use for marketing), but that’s the way it is these days.

Post # 18
7586 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

There were pics going up on fb during our ceremony. Friends were putting them up all over the place. Even if you say something, I’m sorry, but it will happen.

Post # 19
2154 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I would never post/tag unflattering pictures of someone from their wedding. Who would do that? DON’T INVITE SHITTY PEOPLE TO YOUR WEDDING. BOOM. I just solved 48% of all problems on Weddingbee.

Your most recent drunken escapades, however, are completely fair game as far as I’m concerned. I’m a facebook tagging terrorist, pretty much.

Post # 20
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

i will probably feel happy people post pictures of me! although sometimes i feel like i come out ugly in some of them Embarassed

Post # 21
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@mwitter80: Agreed… and I did try.

@Ugoob: I have TWO bad angle shots. It is what it is and everyone who knows me has already seen that angle anyways. But it did upset me at first (in complete honesty)

Post # 22
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

lol, I won’t have to tell anyone, ’cause we don’t care.  plus, there are a few certain people who aren’t invited that we know will see ’em and HATE us for the awesome party/wedding we’re gonna have.

as for the whole “posting during wedding/ceremony”…. yeah, that’s an issue that was solved for us.  Reason being: no cell/internet reception AT THE VENUE!  GOTTA love them mountains! LOL!

Sooooo, everyone will have to wait until they’re back home to post the photos.  Plus, we plan on “stealing” our friends’ photos and we know they won’t care (duh, their our friends!) and it’ll hopefully be something they want to talk about later. 🙂

eta: of course, we ARE hoping to snag the only cabin that has the internet for our “suite” so we can post whatever we want on FB that night/next day!  (and why CAN’T the bride and groom be the first ones to post it on FB for those who couldn’t make it???)

Post # 23
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Everyone that took pics at our wedding posted them all on FB.  Video too.  There WERE a few really bad ones that made me cring but whatever.  In the end, our photographer had THREE rolls of film end up blank, and so I was super thankful for all the pics taken by guests!

Post # 24
7299 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

That same blogger who didn’t want them ended up changing her mind in the end while waiting for pro pictures. She said she appreciated so much that her guests uploaded photos because she was happy to relive the day. I don’t see anything wrong with it. No one ever gets tired of seeing wedding photos. 

Post # 25
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m cool with people posting pics of the wedding on FB, but I also love to be the center of attention Laughing

What I am not cool with, and this happened to a friend of mine, is having people post pics of the ceremony while it is going on. I’m trying to decide whether to put something in the programs like “Please turn off your cell phones during the ceremony.”

Post # 26
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@nqz100: If you dont mind them being on FB, why does it bother you if they post during the ceremony? Just wondering 🙂

Post # 27
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I agree with the above.  Technically a picture someone takes is their own property.  You can explicetly tell guests not to take pictures at your wedding but I think you’ll regret it later in not having the fun candid shots.  I posted a TON of pictures from my brothers wedding and he and his wife were so happy I did. 

We have absolutely no issues with people taking and posting pictures.  They can tweet my whole ceremony if they want (as long as it isn’t one of the attendants!).  It is a very intimate day, but certainly not one we’re trying to hide from anyone.  I’m glad our friends and family who are unable to attend, will get to see pictures within a day or two.  If I found a terrible picture, I supposed I’d untag myself, but I highly doubt one or two bad angles in the mix of hundreds of other amazing photos will make you look poorly in any way.

Post # 29
567 posts
Busy bee

unfortunately i think it’s a risk you take as a member of facebook. anyone can tag you in any photo at any time, not just your wedding photos, and there isn’t much you can do besides “untag” yourself.  i don’t think there is a polite way to request that people not post photos without sounding vain (worried about wrong angle).  i would just try to monitor it closely and don’t let it bother you.

Post # 30
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@Beluga:  lol, we don’t even need half the boards now thanks to your solution!!

All kidding aside though, the problem is, people never think a photo of me is unflattering when it OBVIOUSLY is horrid.  I mean, huge double chin, ridiculous “D’oh!” look on my face, whatever, someone always says “Oh you look beautiful” and they are clearly lying or blind.  Those were the kind oftags I removed after the wedding. 😉

The topic ‘Your Wedding Photos & Facebook.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors